• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
:laugh:

Not to bad for maybe my first avatar. Will wait for the test series to complete before choosing one then.

I am still contemplating on what I will choose for you. You will see it as soon as the first test start.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
How do you think Smith will fare against Hafeez, who has become something of an expert against lefties. Also Smith doesn't have a great record against lefties (Zak).

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah ok. I will take that bet. I am sure our players will be ruthless enough.

Is there any news on J.P Duminy? Will he be ready to play against Pakistan.
No. He'll only be back for the Champions Trophy in England in June. We'll have to make do with Elgar for this series. :cry:

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
How do you think Smith will fare against Hafeez, who has become something of an expert against lefties. Also Smith doesn't have a great record against lefties (Zak).
He will struggle against Junaid. Junaid looked extremely impressive in the recent ODIs and I reckon the swing will really trouble Smith. If he gets through the early overs against the seamers, I can see him making it count though. Off-spin doesn't really trouble him these days so long as he doesn't look for the sweep. Like he did against Swann, he'll just bat outside off-stump to take LBW out of play.

Briony

International Debutant
Yeah ok. I will take that bet. I am sure our players will be ruthless enough.

Is there any news on J.P Duminy? Will he be ready to play against Pakistan.
Read the other day that he is more likely to return in June.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Mohammad Irfan averages 15 overs a innings in domestic cricket. He'll probably be a handful in the initial overs but can see him tanking soon. Didn't look the fittest against India too while Adil is a complete unknown.

Junaid and Ajmal i am confident will do well in SA. Junaid should give their 2 openers plenty of trouble while Ajmal is likely to clean up the tail regularly. Gul should go decently too, and produce one spell out of nowhere.

Batting is a worry though, as they are not really suited to those conditions and that bowling attack. Predicting a couple of sub 150 collapses from them atleast and one thrashing. In the other 2 matches SA will win one more closely while Pakistan can win one. So 2 - 1 or 3 - 0 if all matches are completed.

If i have to pick one going to pick 2 - 1.
totally agree

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
pakistan have a pretty decent team, all things considered, a team to be quite proud of given the past few years.

so theres no shame in not being good enough to beat a pretty awesome outfit like south africa, if they even draw the series it will be one heck of a result.

philander vs azhar ali should be a great contest, a boring one, but also at the same time a good one :laugh:

irfan is a tantalizing choice, you want to choose the guy because he does have height and pace going for him, not sure if he can stand the rigor.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Here's hoping that this will change and that he will get a lot of wickets against RSA. Average is still good (26) but obviously way too early to say anything more on that.