• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Imran nazeer is very lucky to make it to the squad on the basis of one good performance against SA.

Danish is named probably coz that is a possibility that all the Pakistan's strike bowlers in Asif,Akhtar and Gul might be forced to miss the cup coz of different reasons (drug ban/injury) as such Pak wants a wkt taking bowler in the squad.
Couldn't they just replace one of those guys with Kaneria if and when the time came though? They obviously want Kaneria for reasons other than what you have said.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
It would be an interesting scenario is Akhtar/Asif misses cup coz of drug ban and Gul is out of cup coz of in jury.Pakistan would be left with no choice but to play Naveed-ul-hasan, Sami and Kaneria in their lineup, all of whome can be a nightmare for the home team.

I wonder why Pak never tried to test their U-19 WC heroes, Jamshed Nasir and the other outstanding pacer (can't recall his name) , had they been tried and groomed, they might have been a better bet than the likes of Sami and Shabbir.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Couldn't they just replace one of those guys with Kaneria if and when the time came though? They obviously want Kaneria for reasons other than what you have said.
The thing is that even if Akhtar and Gul do play WC, they are probably not going to play all matches of the cup for fitness reasons and are likely to miss the initial matches.Pak have choosen to risk injuried pacers in the squad who would probably play in selected matches.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Why it is with the Pakistani young batsmen only that they score loads of runs in the first few matches or so then they fail miserably, then they get dropped and after growing a beared or so they try to make a come back and the " in and out " race with others like them continues and never ends !
Do we have reliable academies in Pakistan ? I remember that in old times even Punjab University was considered as a first class team and the standard was very very nice and the university itself provided necessary coaching etc . Why our young openers fail ? Have you ever noticed the reasons behind it ?
As Sarfraz said " Imran Nazir plays risky shots all the time and has no place in the international team " . I want maturity up-stairs . Aamir Sohail and Saeed Anwar was a combo which last worked for us ..... As long as one senior batsman (who really loves the pride of the country ) will not step up to open along with a promising youngster ,the problem will stay there .........
Fraz its a really good dicussion!!!! i will come back for it very soon.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Meh, watch Pakistan turn it on during the WC.

SA are mighty impressive though. May throw a few quid on them.

Yes I realise I'm Australian, I just felt like saying quid. I envy Brumby :shy: