• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in New Zealand

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This is an ideal series to try out Ravindra/Young in T20s but I am not sure if the selectors really want them in T20s as much as the other formats with Conway, Allen, Kane, Mitchell and Philips fixed as the top 5.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
This is an ideal series to try out Ravindra/Young in T20s but I am not sure if the selectors really want them in T20s as much as the other formats with Conway, Allen, Kane, Mitchell and Philips fixed as the top 5.
No I don't think Ravindra should be in the T20 team, but playing for the Firebirds in the Super Smash would have been a good thing.

Young has been doing pretty well in the Super Smash though, wouldn't have minded seeing him get a go here.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
No I don't think Ravindra should be in the T20 team, but playing for the Firebirds in the Super Smash would have been a good thing.

Young has been doing pretty well in the Super Smash though, wouldn't have minded seeing him get a go here.
If Young is going to make it at all, will be ODIs first but needs to be at least a squad member in another format imo. Not really such a thing as a pure ODI player any more.

He's not getting back in the test side any time soon, so he does really need to make NZ's JAM T20 sides (e.g. when a few players rested) and then take those opportunities.

Flem274*

123/5
Young's problem is his ideal batting position is taken by Daryl Mitchell and Henry Nicholls, the least likely players to be dropped.