• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

pup11

International Coach
Frankly speaking predicting the outcome of an Indo-Pak series is tough, both Pakistani and Indian players raise the standards of their game while playing against each other and they just hate losing to each other which produces very exciting and nail-biting cricket.
But their is no doubt India start the tournament as slight favourites but Pakistan can take some confidence from the fact that they managed to drew the test series 1-1 and win the Odi series 4-2 when they toured India the last time.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Younis Khan and Mo Yo will ownage like they always do against India. Will be interesting to see what kind of pitches are prepared, and whether our attack is able to have more bite than they did against South Africa.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Won't matter if catches go down like they did against SA.

And being Pakistan there's always a decent chance of that.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tests: India 2-0
ODIs: India 3-2

Pakistan just have too many troubles, and as long as India can hold onto their catches then they should be able to win fairly easily. Yousuf and Younis to carry Pakistan, as they pretty much always do.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But in India once you are branded good with the media backing the 'brand' you are good enough for anything.....until the media brands you as bad and then you are good for nothing.

Unfortunately, the majority of the fans watch TV news and read the newspaper columns of doubtful pedigree to make up their minds and they too havebacked him Now they (the fans) are in a bit of a quandry I think and are anxiously waiting for the media to place Karthik in the bad group :dry:
I am not sure if he is endorsing any brands, SJS. He doesn't even have a bat sponsor, actually. :)

I just think it is a case of the team management seeing something in him and deciding to stick with him. They may be proved right or they may be proved wrong, we will have to wait and see. So far, he has not done well in this format, but maybe they just think he will come good soon... Plus, I guess they like having the extra wicket keeper around in the squad, although I am really not sure why they need that, esp. in home ODIs.

adharcric

International Coach
I am not sure if he is endorsing any brands, SJS. He doesn't even have a bat sponsor, actually. :)

I just think it is a case of the team management seeing something in him and deciding to stick with him. They may be proved right or they may be proved wrong, we will have to wait and see. So far, he has not done well in this format, but maybe they just think he will come good soon... Plus, I guess they like having the extra wicket keeper around in the squad, although I am really not sure why they need that, esp. in home ODIs.
Yes, I highly doubt it has anything to do with brands and I also doubt it has anything to do with having a reserve keeper in the squad. The selectors clearly see potential in Karthik and they are right for doing so IMO, but he hasn't scored runs in a while and there are more deserving options waiting on the sidelines (Badrinath and Sharma for sure).

adharcric

International Coach
On another note, I have a feeling Dravid will retire from one-day cricket after this series. Thoughts?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
On another note, I have a feeling Dravid will retire from one-day cricket after this series. Thoughts?
not sure, tbh. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing both Dravid and Sourav quit ODIs as of now. I mean, Sourav has been playing well but it just seems to me that he has trouble scoring as quickly as he used to and maybe we could do with someone who can score quickly, if perhaps not quite as consistently as Sourav ATM, at the top. Maybe we can play Sourav at 3 and ask Gambhir or Uthappa to open with a licence to hit out??? And Dravid is just not there, for me... He is not in what they call "the zone". Just think there is too much going on which is disturbing him.

BTW, FWIW, I think the big 3 will call it quits after the triseries in Australia.... Just my gut feeling, have nothing solid whatsoever on why I feel that way.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I certainly hope not.
He might do that if he doesnt gt enough runs in this series. The fact that our youngsters are performing in the OD format of the game doesnt help his cause either. TBF...if Dravid cannot perform in this series, he might as well retire frm ODIs and concentrate on tests. The problem seems to be that he never settles into a position...that never helps...all i can say is that Dravid is gonna be under a lot of pressure in this series.

Nishant

International 12th Man
not sure, tbh. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing both Dravid and Sourav quit ODIs as of now. I mean, Sourav has been playing well but it just seems to me that he has trouble scoring as quickly as he used to and maybe we could do with someone who can score quickly, if perhaps not quite as consistently as Sourav ATM, at the top. Maybe we can play Sourav at 3 and ask Gambhir or Uthappa to open with a licence to hit out??? And Dravid is just not there, for me... He is not in what they call "the zone". Just think there is too much going on which is disturbing him.

BTW, FWIW, I think the big 3 will call it quits after the triseries in Australia.... Just my gut feeling, have nothing solid whatsoever on why I feel that way.
Tendulkar after this series will quit ODIs...thats according to rumours and my gut feeling. Otherwise, definitely after the triseries in Australia. i wouldnt mind seeing the back of Ganguly in ODIs right now TBH...but even if he quits after the triseries in Aus, its fine.

haroon510

International 12th Man
it wouldn't bee a bad move if three big once of india quite odi and retired from odi..

i mean india has alot of younger batsman who are really good.. uthapa, gambir, rohit sharma and soo on they are all good and if they play odi regulary... they can be good options for test matches also once the big three retire..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd like all three to quit ODIs after the Australia tri-series.

Retire after taking on the best in the toughest tour in cricket. Although it may be tempting to leave the format at home against their arch rivals as well.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

Retire after taking on the best in the toughest tour in cricket. Although it may be tempting to leave the format at home against their arch rivals as well.
AWTA. I'd say quite ODIs all three together after the tri-series.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

Dravid should not retire from either format. He looks pretty fit and should give another 2 years for both formats and then finally commit to playing only tests.

Tendulkar and Ganguly otoh should quit ODIs after this series and concentrate on Tests.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, I highly doubt it has anything to do with brands and I also doubt it has anything to do with having a reserve keeper in the squad. The selectors clearly see potential in Karthik and they are right for doing so IMO, but he hasn't scored runs in a while and there are more deserving options waiting on the sidelines (Badrinath and Sharma for sure).
He's never scored ODI runs. Never. And he'd never scored them in domestic cricket while others had. Awful, awful selection.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

That'd be best, but I'd absolutely hate to see all three endure shockers in said CB Series and go out on that.

If all three can bash some rubbish Pakistan bowling that'd be a perfect end for mine. Well, as perfect as a non-WC end can be.