• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I've been on record before on here stating it's exciting to see young England players starting out on their careers. There may well be failures along the way and they're not the finished article... but they have made amazing starts.

Crawley has potential. I've enjoyed his career so far. I hope this score doesn't put pressure on him going forward.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because poor captaincy should be called out.

What is poor about it exactly, it kept Pakistan in the field, made them more weary and possibly dispirited, we then nipped out 3 wickets, possibly partly because of that mental tiredness, and we will have fresh bowlers ready to go tomorrow, all seems rather spiffing for me.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was a vintage Anderson spell. Ball wasn't moving too much in the air or off the pitch, bowling to one of the best batsmen in the world on current form, sets him up perfectly and gets him out.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You'll have to forgive me being too lazy to check the last few pages after being away for a couple of days, but presumably there's been a fair bit of credit expressed for the selectors for spotting Crawley and sticking with Buttler.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'll have to forgive me being too lazy to check the last few pages after being away for a couple of days, but presumably there's been a fair bit of credit expressed for the selectors for spotting Crawley and sticking with Buttler.
Not really, likewise none for the selectors keeping with one of our best ever opening bowlers, when some considered one bad matc meant he was over.

Actually do think our selectors have done okay really, kudos despite never picking Hildy,

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not really, likewise none for the selectors keeping with one of our best ever opening bowlers, when some considered one bad matc meant he was over.

Actually do think our selectors have done okay really, kudos despite never picking Hildy,
The only really bad call that they've made over the last couple of years was picking Roy to open in the Ashes. Other than that they've done pretty well. Not least sticking with Burns for the Ashes when he looked completely out of sorts beforehand, so I suspect they'll do the same after this series too.