• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Plainly his fault. If they were that wide they’d have been called. If you knew anything about cricket you would know there is a wide rule. Read the laws of the game and remit to me in due course

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Plainly his fault. If they were that wide they’d have been called. If you knew anything about cricket you would know there is a wide rule. Read the laws of the game and remit to me in due course
Reminds me of how Rod Marsh was so pissed off when Jeff Thomson bouncers hit the sight screen on the full in Perth and were deemed byes....sometimes not all byes are WK fault

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was very noticeable in the last test that while the Australian bowlers were bowling mainly within a foot of off stump, visiting teams like Pakistan and the West Indies for some reason decide to bowl everything to it passes halfway along the crease. It's just wasting the new ball.
Vintage example from Hasan that over.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hamza is too slow and is bowling too wide on the crease.

It was very noticeable in the last test that while the Australian bowlers were bowling mainly within a foot of off stump, visiting teams like Pakistan and the West Indies for some reason decide to bowl everything to it passes halfway along the crease. It's just wasting the new ball.
This usually happens because they're worried about leaking runs and thus bowl a more defensive line, no? It doesn't work but it seems a pretty natural thing to do subconsciously.

Burgey

That last ball to Smith aside, the previous couple of overs from Hasan have been very handy

TheJediBrah

Smart batting from Aus. This is batting at it's hardest, survive this and hopefully it gets easier tomorrow. Could easily be 5 or 6 down at the close if they don't grind

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewett talking absolute rubbish there. No most of the bowlers these days who don't usually swing the ball can't do it 'when they want to'.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dunno whom they can drop but it would be good to see Mohammed Wasim play the next test. He is erratic but I think its worth trying him.