• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Left armer, swings the ball, generally takes wickets up front and hits a long ball down the order.

He might not be in England's XI best ODI cricketers right now (though he probably is tbh), but for JAMODIs he's a great guy to invest in. Could be anything given the exposure at international level.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Left armer, swings the ball, generally takes wickets up front and hits a long ball down the order.

He might not be in England's XI best ODI cricketers right now (though he probably is tbh), but for JAMODIs he's a great guy to invest in. Could be anything given the exposure at international level.
nah bull****, it's because of his surname

also woakes played well but he sucks and i'd rather have even jordan

disclaimer: i don't pay attention to england in odis

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gun stuff from Topley. Surprised this is only his 3rd international, been seeing his name come up since he was in his teens. Would be great if he was a little less wayward though.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Willey should be off here

Willey is so pedestrian. Needs more impetus in runup and 2 b explosive at crease. I've seen him a few times live and what's noticeable is how bats can drive him off the back foot through the offside with ease. Just sits up to be hit if he doesn't get it perfect.

Just like that ball

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A lot of people remember Luke Wright in Asia. He hits a few big sixes and that's what people think classifies the good players from the rest.

smash84

The Tiger King
well, good bye (and good riddance) from the ODI team Younis

Thanks (but no thanks) for the (not so fond) memories

theegyptian

Willey really needs to work his way up the order to 7 or 8 to justify playing imo. He isn't good enough as a bowler to warrant batting 10. Being 6 foot or slightly less and not bowling at any great pace there is just so little margin for error in his lines and lengths as a bowler. It's just that bit harder for Topley to be got after because he is a touch quicker and a lot taller and as Willey is batting 10 it doesn't really matter that Willey is a much more capeable bat. I don't think Willey really is quite a number 8 bat yet but if I was going to play him I'd bat him at 8 in front of Rashid and Woakes.

ScottyMuser

Cricket Spectator
Rashid getting a bit more economical here, but to no avail really. As a Kent fan have got to feel a little sorry for Tredders being so unceremoniously dropped despite not once having a poor game, and being ranked 11th/12th in the world for a few months. Problem with picking Morgan/Hales/Roy/Taylor/Root as top 5 is that, other than Root, we don't have anybody to bring on to make some overs up at all as a #6 bowler.

Niall

International Coach
Rashid getting a bit more economical here, but to no avail really. As a Kent fan have got to feel a little sorry for Tredders being so unceremoniously dropped despite not once having a poor game, and being ranked 11th/12th in the world for a few months. Problem with picking Morgan/Hales/Roy/Taylor/Root as top 5 is that, other than Root, we don't have anybody to bring on to make some overs up at all as a #6 bowler.
Agreed, very under appreciated was Tredwell, not a world beater but at least he keeps things under control unlike hipsters darling Rashid.

ScottyMuser

Cricket Spectator
I'd actually suggest Tredwell *could* be a world beater - for example he basically kept us in the WC2011 with his bowling vs WI, and over a career of ~45 matches, 60 wickets @27 with a economy of 4.75 and SR of 35 is almost as good as any other spinner in the world over last 4-5 years - a good comparison is to Herath, who was for a while very highly rated (although maybe more as a Test bowler) - how had from 71 matches 74 wickets @32, SR of 44 and econ of 4.4, and I'd say from those stats Tredders would be considered at least the equal). The problem is he was never a "trendy" player, what with his baldness and non-swashbuckling batting skills, so the ECB repeatedly dropped him whenever they could (think in SL, when preparing for the WC, where they had decided it wasn't going to spin at all, so not to pick a spinner, and then we lost the series and then did poorly in the WC)

theegyptian

5 seamer attack for next game? lol. Hales/Roy, Ali, Root, Morgan, Taylor, Buttler, Woakes, Willey, Plunkett, Jordan, Topley

Niall

International Coach
I'd actually suggest Tredwell *could* be a world beater - for example he basically kept us in the WC2011 with his bowling vs WI, and over a career of ~45 matches, 60 wickets @27 with a economy of 4.75 and SR of 35 is almost as good as any other spinner in the world over last 4-5 years - a good comparison is to Herath, who was for a while very highly rated (although maybe more as a Test bowler) - how had from 71 matches 74 wickets @32, SR of 44 and econ of 4.4, and I'd say from those stats Tredders would be considered at least the equal). The problem is he was never a "trendy" player, what with his baldness and non-swashbuckling batting skills, so the ECB repeatedly dropped him whenever they could (think in SL, when preparing for the WC, where they had decided it wasn't going to spin at all, so not to pick a spinner, and then we lost the series and then did poorly in the WC)
Very good post.:)

Feel free to stick around here.:)

Yeah even me their, probably was been a little patronising when I didn't mean to, the Lanka tour was a farce. I think they did not pick him because they wanted the side to resemble what to expect in Australia. Absurd logic, you win the tour in front of you..

Rashid was championed quite last few years and has not come close to justifying it whatsoever. Totally outbowled by Malik ffs in the last test series..:@