• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Right arm fast said:
hiini got 100 and a few wickets does anyone know anything about him
Doing a search of the archives, Hiini played for the NZ Indoor WC team in '04, and other than that it's just a string of good performances with the ball for East-Shirley, and a few more recently for Canterbury A. It seems his age-group play was limited to Christchurch Red in Canterbury's U-17 trials back in 1998.

Not exactly "he could play for New Zealand right now, he could be the next Brett Lee" - Dennis Lillee, which is what you'll find in Sherlock's file. Still, I shouldn't write Hiini off as destined to only be a good domestic battler until I've at least seen him play.

Ming

State 12th Man
Eh, care to elaborate?

NZ are short of quality openers, and James has been an opening batsman all his life, but has only started to bat in the middle order these past couple of seasons even though he made his Test debut last year as an opening bat. Baffling.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
central stags 3 for 9 atm with taylor barnett and englefeild back in the hut
otago 27 without loss and a weather delay between wellington and nd

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ming said:
Eh, care to elaborate?

NZ are short of quality openers, and James has been an opening batsman all his life, but has only started to bat in the middle order these past couple of seasons even though he made his Test debut last year as an opening bat. Baffling.

I could be mistaken but I thought he batted around 4 most of the time?

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Well Lou Vincent made a great claim to be back in the Black Caps for the next game with a 0.
I am so excited that Oram is back playing. I heard that he may bowl at some stage in the game but only of a short run up, but it is all very promising.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Leighbo said:
Hey guys! I'm from Wellington, follow cricket religiously and play club cricket here (although only social grade.....2B's to be exact) :D
I wonder why this guy hasn't been back.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
SouthernMan said:
The Scotish blood still runs think through Otago, just check out the wicket takers in Canterburys 1st innings.http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2...ORECARDS/OTAGO_CANT_STCHAMP_11-14MAR2006.html

Voltman, you would be proud to see Shaun Haig taking his chance with both hands!
As proud as a Dunedin-bred North Otago resident who played for Albion could be... :cool:

Nah, he's an aggressive wee batsman, although I never really thought he had the temperament for first-class cricket. Glad to be proved wrong though.