• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2011 Season thread

Jacknife

International Captain
I found it funny how the articles I've read have described Tandy as a 'Bulldogs star'. He is a journeyman, and before 2009, a fringe first grader. If you were a casual league fan, you would have NFI who he is.
Yes, he came over and played for Hull KR a few years ago and journeyman is probably what best describes him.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm going to the All Stars game next week, and I'm actually more interested in the curtain raiser between the NSW and Queensland Indigenous teams then the main game, and my housemate's nephew will be playing for QLD (he is now at Keebra High on a league scholarship with Wests Tigers), which is ironic considering he was born in Nowra and lived there for 15 and a half years (he turned 16 last week).

ripper868

International Coach
Issac Mumberson. The Gold Coast Bulletin published a lift out guide to the game the other day and they actually spelt his name wrong.
tbf to the Gold Coast Bulletin, they take the names direct from what is supplied to them, I'd hang this one squarely on team management Criag

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel very HJ saying this, but I have strong mail that Bennett has been offered a contract at Souths for 2012, and that he's likely to accept in the near future.

Would be massive for Souths if true, far bigger than Inglis. I don't think they'll win it this year, but with a coach like Bennett the weaknesses in their side could be arrested. Imagine the current Souths team with the 2010 Dragons defense.

howardj

International Coach
I have strong conflicting mail that the Broncos are looking to punt Henjak (the senior players don't get along with him, apparently he's a moody prick) and, with Cullen gone (he and Bennett had a big falling out) we are looking to bring Bennett home (even if it means paying out the remaining years of Henjak's contract). A rough start to the season by the Broncos will only have the tom toms beating louder (some more brackets just to finish off my paragraph).

howardj

International Coach
I think Bennett would like the idea of coaching Souths - a traditional, flagship, marque club (much in the mould of St George). However, with his family situation being as it is, I think the Broncos spot would prove irresistable if it becomes available.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see the NRL has signed a deal to use a Bon Jovi song for the next three years.

lol @ the the execs thinking the sport will be around in 36 months time.

Craig

World Traveller
I got to watch Chris Sandow's nephew play yesterday. He is a fullback for Norths Devils. I also saw Andrew Fifita's younger bro play yesterday, and at 17, he is a beast of a kid. If he makes it, he is going to be a bog strong number 12.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Ivan the terrible sacked by the Broncos.

Despite the hilarious moniker, it was always going to be difficult taking the helm of a club like Brisbane straight after the departure of St Wayne.

I wonder if it will start a pre season merry go round.

Craig

World Traveller
Ivan the terrible sacked by the Broncos.

Despite the hilarious moniker, it was always going to be difficult taking the helm of a club like Brisbane straight after the departure of St Wayne.

I wonder if it will start a pre season merry go round.

Fair enough he gets sacked at the end of the 2010 season, bu only before a few weeks before the season starts? Sorry, but not.

howardj

International Coach
I have strong conflicting mail that the Broncos are looking to punt Henjak (the senior players don't get along with him, apparently he's a moody prick) and, with Cullen gone (he and Bennett had a big falling out) we are looking to bring Bennett home (even if it means paying out the remaining years of Henjak's contract). A rough start to the season by the Broncos will only have the tom toms beating louder (some more brackets just to finish off my paragraph).
My spies come through again!

Glad to see the back of Henjak. From all reports, the players didn't want to play under him, and he's hardly a magnet to potential recruits/sponsors. I am glad he is gone.

Bellamy or Bennett for 2012 - don't mind which.