• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good to see everything going smoothly..

Is anyone doing the Team Kits or shall i take the honours..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
alternative said:
Good to see everything going smoothly..

Is anyone doing the Team Kits or shall i take the honours..
We got to sort out the colours first, but you can have the honours are that. They better be good kits or you could find yourself on the bench.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
chaminda_00 said:
We got to sort out the colours first, but you can have the honours are that. They better be good kits or you could find yourself on the bench.
Hahha :laugh: :laugh:
Can i talk to you on msn mate..

cometer

State Regular
Since I figure not many like the #13 , thus since it's always been my lucky number , I'll opt for the #13 :)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
chaminda_00 said:
Keep in mind you might play as a overlapping fullback if we play a back four. But i like aggressive DM.
Prefer to be the DM'er sitting infront of a back three, to be honest.

Fullback getting forward is a third choice ;)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
chaminda_00 said:
red and black. ^^ pretty powerful/ominous looking strip.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
roseboy64 said:
Xavier Rose - 5

Number common to most central defenders.
Number 6 for me then, just need Threes to post his squad number, but i don't think he can access CricketWeb ATM. So i will just give him 3 for the time being, im sure he will be happy with that. If anyone see him on MSN, just ask him what number he wants and post it here.

Squad Number to date:

1. Blake Donald
2. Petko Kirilov
3. Paddy Gundry
4. Travis Demeza
5. Xaxier Rose
6. Tharmilan Loganathan
7. Josip Vrkic
8. Soren Ernst
9. Orjan Hjelde
10. Andy Cloete
11. Manjunath Reddlapalli
12. Yuri Turshinov
13. David Comley
14. Luis Silva
16. Antonio Velasco
17. Pavel Varga
18. Carlos Acuna
22. Hans Rickler
38. Thamba Mamesh

The overseas players squad number may change depending on who our marquee player is.

Also if anyone wants to post kit designs on here fell free to and well just laugh at them. Andy doing the kit so though so you could run ideas by him if you want.

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Number 6 for me then, just need Threes to post his squad number, but i don't think he can access CricketWeb ATM. So i will just give him 3 for the time being, im sure he will be happy with that. If anyone see him on MSN, just ask him what number he wants and post it here.

Squad Number to date:

1. Blake Donald
2. Petko Kirilov
3. Paddy Gundry
4. Travis Demeza
5. Xaxier Rose
6. Tharmilan Loganathan
7. Josip Vrkic
8. Soren Ernst
9. Orjan Hjelde
10. Andy Cloete
11. Manjunath Reddlapalli
12. Yuri Turshinov
13. David Comley
14. Luis Silva
16. Antonio Velasco
17. Pavel Varga
18. Carlos Acuna
22. Hans Rickler
38. Thamba Mamesh

The overseas players squad number may change depending on who our marquee player is.

Also if anyone wants to post kit designs on here fell free to and well just laugh at them. Andy doing the kit so though so you could run ideas by him if you want.
Can we give 7 to Silva or Velasco? You gotta go for the Iberian Peninsular players... absolute heroes for mine. Wish one of them was in midfield or Carlos could play.. we'd get on well. "No hablo Inglis" "Si"

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
Can we give 7 to Silva or Velasco? You gotta go for the Iberian Peninsular players... absolute heroes for mine. Wish one of them was in midfield or Carlos could play.. we'd get on well. "No hablo Inglis" "Si"
Im hoping a certain player from the Iberian Peninsular can take number 7, but if contract talks fail then Vrkic will keep 7. His really impressed me with his all round game during our training session. Got the potential to be a quaility super sub.

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Im hoping a certain player from the Iberian Peninsular can take number 7, but if contract talks fail then Vrkic will keep 7. His really impressed me with his all round game during our training session. Got the potential to be a quaility super sub.
I have a feeling we won't be getting that certain player. Though another player from that area can take 7 too :D ;)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Northside Power are happy to welcome Giorgi Kinkladze to the club. The former Georgian international made his playing in the English Preimer League and Dutch First Divison playing for Ajax, Manchester City and Derby County. Giorgi comes to the club to fill the centre midfield position next to Paddy Gundry. The clubs feels that the experienced international is just what the our young midfielders Paddy Gundry and Andy Cloete need to reach there potential. His ability supply quaity ball to our likely three prong attack, was a major reason for signing him. I would like the whole Northside community to welcome this amazing player to the club.

Kinkladze will be given Squad Number 7

Giorgi in action

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With the signing of Kinkladze there is likely to be some changes to the our formation and some personal changes. We got two options we are likely to use either a 4-2-1-3 or 3-1-2-1-3.

With the back four we are likely to use Trav and Petko as attacking wing backs, with myslef and Rose in the middle or defence. Then Giorgi and Paddy in the centre of the midfield with Andy playing behind the front three.

With the back three Trav, Rose and myself will be at the back, with Trav being able to get forward. Paddy playing in shielding role infront of the back three, with Giorgi and Soren in the middle of the field and Andy behind the front three.

There are also a few other options we can use, but they are the main ones ATM.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Other concept scrapped due to Kinky's arrival?

Sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind doing some hard work in the middle of midfield at some stage through the season, .... comfortable with keeping it real at the back and attacking from there, though.

Looks exciting. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Travis_Teh said:
Other concept scrapped due to Kinky's arrival?

Sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind doing some hard work in the middle of midfield at some stage through the season, .... comfortable with keeping it real at the back and attacking from there, though.

Looks exciting. :)
Yeah, hopefully we sign a defender during the season, as prefer having you, Paddy, Gorigi and Andy in the midfield, but ATM it looks like our best option is to have you in defence.

Cloete

International Captain
I'd have a crack wth a 2-2-1-2-3

Play two central defenders then two DM's to play as wing backs. A central midfielder then 2 AM's with the front 3 playing as LF, CF and RF hopefully. That gives you width from the forwards and wing backs and a massive presence in the centre of the park. Just depends how ESMS wants to look at it but it might be worth having a go in the friendlies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
I'd have a crack wth a 2-2-1-2-3

Play two central defenders then two DM's to play as wing backs. A central midfielder then 2 AM's with the front 3 playing as LF, CF and RF hopefully. That gives you width from the forwards and wing backs and a massive presence in the centre of the park. Just depends how ESMS wants to look at it but it might be worth having a go in the friendlies.
Im not sure if it would work in ESMS, but we could always try. A lot of multi skilled players we have, don't we.