• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand vs India Tests & ODIs

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Looking at the way NZ outplayed India, I think they will do the same in the One Day games.
Which means that India will lose BADLY to NZ!! I hope now that Neil doesn't have any objections:rolleyes: .

Indeed India are having a torrid time in the first oneday game.They were all out for 108 and are certain to lose this oneday game. I think India will have to drop Sehwag (who is struggling badly )down the batting order in the next onedayers and bring back Sachin to open with Ganguly.

Sachin
Ganguly
Dravid
Kaif
Yuvraj
Laxman/Sehwag
Bangar
Ajit
Khan
Srinath
Harbhajan.

basil

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I haven't seen the Nz-Ind series but am really surprsied to learn that Indian batsmen are faring so poorly.India have some class batsmen and they should really perform better than they have been doing so far in this series.I normally expect this kind of performance from Pakistani batsmen especially when either Inzi or Youhanna is missing from the line up.

I agree with Warrior on the opening pair, Sachin should be brought back to open with Ganguly, they happen to be the best openers in the game, besides Sehwag seems to be low in confidence in this series!

Srinath stuck in his 1st over, Astle is gone, Kiwis are 7 for 1!

Indian batting was pathetic today, wonder what happened to Sehwag, he has been doing wonders throughout this year(Kisi walayati goray ki nazar to nahin lag gaye:!( ).If Sehwag continue to perform poorly then India will have to drop him for a game or a two:( . I believe that since our batting have been a problem in this tour, the selectors should have brought an additional batsman in BADANI to the oneday squad instead of giving a chance to a new pacer in Patel.

masterblaster

International Captain
TendulkarMark2 said:
Srinath stuck in his 1st over, Astle is gone, Kiwis are 7 for 1!

Indian batting was pathetic today, wonder what happened to Sehwag, he has been doing wonders throughout this year(Kisi walayati goray ki nazar to nahin lag gaye:!( ).If Sehwag continue to perform poorly then India will have to drop him for a game or a two:( . I believe that since our batting have been a problem in this tour, the selectors should have brought an additional batsman in BADANI to the oneday squad instead of giving a chance to a new pacer in Patel.
As a staff member, I must re-direct you to the rules, please only post in ENGLISH, please do not also be racist as I know what you said in Hindi means.

Any failure to adhere to the rules and you can be banned.

It was in Hindi alright but was hardly a racist remark, i think you are over reacting, to say that Sehwag was struggling due to Jinx is hardly offensive!

Peace!

masterblaster

International Captain
TendulkarMark2 said:
It was in Hindi alright but was hardly a racist remark, i think you are over reacting, to say that Sehwag was struggling due to Jinx is hardly offensive!
Peace!
It was in Hindi, but it was referring to a 'white person' making the jinx. It could be offensive, so this is just a warning, keep your thoughts to yourself if they are not constructive and friendly.

masterblaster said:
It was in Hindi, but it was referring to a 'white person' making the jinx. It could be offensive, so this is just a warning, keep your thoughts to yourself if they are not constructive and friendly.

I have come across many unfriendly posts , some none other than YOU, so you should certainly have a look at yourself before trying to give advice to other!

wahindiawah

Banned
Its 29-2, NZ seems to struggle as well.If only Indian batters had managed 40-50 more runs, they might have actually gone on to win this match!

anzac

International Debutant
TendulkarMark2 said:
I have come across many unfriendly posts , some none other than YOU, so you should certainly have a look at yourself before trying to give advice to other!
the first point is to stick to the rules re posting in English, at least then everyone knows what everyone is trying to say!!!!!

:ticking:

anzac

International Debutant
well another exciting match but as a result of yet another sub standard pitch as a result of the abnormally wet summer thus far.......

although I did not see the match I believe the problems this time were not movement off the seam, but rather 2 paced & uneven bounce!!!!

The Indian batsmen must be feeling very nervous about going out to bat for the rest of the tour, and who could blame them. Still I suppose it must be the same for teams that have toured India in the past!

The NZ batting is still badly out of form and the selectors' problems mount with only the next ODI at Napier on Sunday b4 they are required to announce their 15 man squad for the WC. NZ public may be feeling happy with the 3-0 scoreline, but I'm sure the players & selectors would rather be getting in some quality play time as a lead up to the WC!!!:(

Two names that must already be written in ink for the selectors are Tuffey & Oram as they continue to make each post a winning one. Oram's Test selection seems to have unlocked his confidence to produce his best performances to date. He has been a prolific run scorer in domestic comps, and now seems to be showing that confidence with both bat & ball. His continued development & maturity will go a long way to adding some confidence / stability in the middle - lower order.:)

Here's hoping for a decent pitch in Napier & scorelines of more than 250 per innings - anyone got any info on how the pitches have been there??????

:cool2:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vishnureddy said:
NO Sachin , Bangar and Harbhajan for the first match. Now NZ have a big advantage.
By the same token NZ were missing 3 key players, so that is balanced out.

Yet again India leave out AA and lose, can no-one see the connection here?! :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The current state of the Indian team is worrying. Someone has to address the batting immediately. The bowling however, is improving.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Wow.. I actually got a prediction right for once!

Seven Batsmen and Four Bowlers tried and failed again for India. Credit to Nehra and Srinath for bowling so well, but Zaheer let them down in the end (why a fifth is needed..).

Oram has to be MoM for that display, crucial with bat and ball.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
anzac said:
Still I suppose it must be the same for teams that have toured India in the past!

:cool2:
What are you talking about ? There is never any shortage of runs being scored in ODI matches in India.Just look at the recent India-WI series.

These sub-standard pitches are not helping cricket at all. No one wants to see 100 run innings all the time.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
But by the same token, pitches like those we saw in the Ind-WI series aren't good for cricket either.

Yeah, they entertain the crowd, but they won't help the development of bowlers in the same way these minefields in NZ will do nothing for the batsmen.

Let's hope South Africa get the balance right...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie_beater said:
What are you talking about ? There is never any shortage of runs being scored in ODI matches in India.Just look at the recent India-WI series.

These sub-standard pitches are not helping cricket at all. No one wants to see 100 run innings all the time.
Personally I don't like to see 300+ run innings all the time.

It's far too many.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
But by the same token, pitches like those we saw in the Ind-WI series aren't good for cricket either.
Yes I completely agree on that count.It should be balanced to have something for both batsman and bowlers.It should not be one sided for either one of them.