• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

BazBall21

International Regular
England will still win. One of the most technically gifted batsmen of all time is now wounded from that run out and will refuse to get out. We only need one of Foakes or Stokes to stick with him. Both more than capable, definitely against this attack.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Damn Southee. Brought back Henry instead of keeping Bracewell on. Should have kept him on for couple more overs, worth the punt. I'm sure Stokes would have kept Leach on if he got smashed like Bracewell.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stokes is always dangerous when he starts like this. Flicks the switch to vaudeville and goes bezerk.

nzfan

Closer the target gets more panicky it will get if we can get one of these. We know both of these guys can walk on fire and come out unscathed but you can't say that about the rest of the line up. There is still like 140 runs to go, the wicket will definitely come. Even if it's like 50 to get and 4 wickets in hand you can still win it.

nzfan

I think using Bracewell now should be the way to go. Not later. If he has to bowl it had to be now. You can't expect a spinner to come and change things when there's like 70 or 80 to go. It'll be too late.

nzfan

I'm not watching but feels like Blundell standing up is likely to be a bad decision once an edge inevitably comes?
I think that's what got us few wickets. They had to stand inside the crease and with the up and down bounce it's hard to control your shots. Even slightly fuller balls feel like good length when standing inside the crease.