• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand v India T20s & ODIs

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Why does this Chahal have a decent to good record whenever i have watched an Indian game he gets smashed, must have done good somewhere
His record against the top 5 teams is not that good. Also bowls exclusively in the middle overs in most games and yet ends up getting smashed around. Other spinners in the team have to bowl in the PP or crunch situations from time to time, Chahal does not. He gets a lot of cushion but still doesn't do much.

The pitch was offering a lot of grip in the last game, Sundar looked so good with his steady off-spin while Chahal was bowling like a part timer. I think it was only fair to give some more opportunities due to his overall record, but it's time to try other wrist spinners.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Just finished work early to go to Hagley - been fine all morning and soon as I walk out the door it starts spitting. Minimal at the moment but if it gets any heavier I can't see the game starting. Might just wait till the coverage starts and then reassess!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Why bowl fast when Daryl Mitchell can bounce someone out at 125km/h?

Pleased to see him get a few overs - not sure why he's bowled so few overs for NZ in all formats when he does an adequate job domestically.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He has been given enough chances and he hasn't taken them, so yeah back of the line for him sadly.
He hasn't been good in this series but it's still a bit of a weird time to do it when he's averaging 52 and striking at 8 in his last eight ODIs. The big ton vs England probably bought him a longer rope than just this series.