• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Crazy Sam said:
we would run a risk with only 6 batsmen however we did essentially did the same in the 3rd test against pakistan.
A massive risk, and Watson at 7 is far more worrying for the opposition than Warne.

Also in that line-up which of the 5 front line bowlers will bowl 10 overs a day?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Crazy Sam said:
quite unbelievable that australia have been going at around 7 an over for the entire innings. NZ are lucky we didn't bat first - the pain would probably have been prolonged !!!
I don't think they'd have gone at it like that had they batted first.

Lose a couple of wickets and you regroup when setting, but when chasing you know what you have to do.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fiery said:
Cricinfo: "Roebuck is the man widely credited with rebuilding the Somerset side after the debacle of the departures of Botham, Richards and Garner.
And who caused the departures in the first place?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fiery said:
I'm surprised you've put in a position to comment from the other side of the world when you probably haven't seen any of his beamers.
The fact that only one person is complaining about it, and everyone else is saying that they're nowhere near as bad as you make out suggests to me that they're full tosses, not beamers.

Fiery

Banned
marc71178 said:
The fact that only one person is complaining about it, and everyone else is saying that they're nowhere near as bad as you make out suggests to me that they're full tosses, not beamers.
Notice that all the people defending him on this forum are Aussies?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Clive Lloyd is an Aussie?

What I do notice is how the one who is still moaning about it is a bitter sore losing New Zealander.

Fiery

Banned
marc71178 said:
Clive Lloyd is an Aussie?

What I do notice is how the one who is still moaning about it is a bitter sore losing New Zealander.
I didn't realise Clive Lloyd was on the forums. Have I offended you somehow marc? You seem to find a reason to disagree with anything I post and leap to the defence of anyone I criticise. The bitter, sore-losing New Zealander call is a bit unnecessary. I respect and acknowledge the Aussie team totally out-played us. The only player I have a problem with is Lee (and Brad Hogg but that's nothing major really, I just don't like the look of him)

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Crazy Sam said:
marc has made 7 posts on this page alone and every single one is a negative post. how charming.
He likes an argument, hence the 30000 posts of which about 29900 are disagreeing with someone. I think he must have had a bad day and has gone to sleep it off now though.

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
By that definition why aren't India 10 times as good as any other side?
marc, that's a pretty stupid post surely you can work out that indian's are culturally and geneticly completely differnt to nz/aus.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Apologies if anybody's mentioned this already, but I saw today on the ICC website that New Zealand have lost their second place ranking in ODI's, falling below Sri Lanka. If they can win the final game they can reclaim it (temporarily, at least), but that appears pretty unlikely.

It doesn't seem that long ago that they had some small chance of pinching top position in ODI's. Looks a ridiculous concept now. I know that Jason was concerned that the Kiwis would exact vengeance on Sri Lanka, but to me they look downtrodden and bereft of confidence. I think there's a fair chance that SL will mow them down.

Fiery

Banned
Slow Love™ said:
Apologies if anybody's mentioned this already, but I saw today on the ICC website that New Zealand have lost their second place ranking in ODI's, falling below Sri Lanka. If they can win the final game they can reclaim it (temporarily, at least), but that appears pretty unlikely.

It doesn't seem that long ago that they had some small chance of pinching top position in ODI's. Looks a ridiculous concept now. I know that Jason was concerned that the Kiwis would exact vengeance on Sri Lanka, but to me they look downtrodden and bereft of confidence. I think there's a fair chance that SL will mow them down.
A good article in The New Zealand Herald today:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10113226

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And who caused the departures in the first place?
Yeah exactly! Roebuck is a strong character and Botham devoted an entire chapter to him and his part in Botham, Richards and Garner leaving Somerset.

Fiery

Banned
Top_Cat said:
Yeah exactly! Roebuck is a strong character and Botham devoted an entire chapter to him and his part in Botham, Richards and Garner leaving Somerset.
A strong character with strong opinions who's not afraid to voice them and he did. I think that's why he's well-respected

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Hodge beat Hussey and Symonds out for the 13th spot in the squad.

I think Kasprowicz is likely to miss out, meaing the XI should be:

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Katich
Clarke
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Gillespie
McGrath

Kasprowicz will be 12th man, and Hodge will be the back-up batsman. Anybody still think Lee won't be picked?

telsor

U19 12th Man
FaaipDeOiad said:
Looks like Hodge beat Hussey and Symonds out for the 13th spot in the squad.
I really hope Symonds wasn't in serious contention. I'm a little surprised he got up over Hussey who I thought had his nose ahead due to his ODI selection and good form in NZ, but I suppose Hodge's runs in the Pura cup last weekend got him up.

Anybody still think Lee won't be picked?
50/50 at this stage I fear. I think Kaspa should be retained. He's been playing well, and these pitches will suit him. I really think it would be a bad move to drop a player who is performing well in tests to replace him with someone who has done well in ODIs, especially when ODIs suit his style of play ( lets him bowl short, sharp spells, which wouldn't be the case in tests ).

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
i wouldn't be surprised to see symonds and hussey and either watson or haddin added to those 13 for the ashes test squad.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A strong character with strong opinions who's not afraid to voice them and he did. I think that's why he's well-respected
Oh did I mention conniving and manipulative? Oops.........