• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Australia have played brilliantly today. NZ haven't played well at all, only 1 team deserves to win this one. So off to Eden Park I'll go on Saturday with a 2-0 series score...

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
Yeah Australia have played brilliantly today. NZ haven't played well at all, only 1 team deserves to win this one. So off to Eden Park I'll go on Saturday with a 2-0 series score...
With the series still alive

Blaze

Banned
Scallywag said:
Oh and one of the biggest thrills is watching Lee bowl so well. :D

You guys are so lucky to have four quality pace men while we only have one in Bond who has been injured for well over a year. I wish I could watch Bond bowling well.

Blaze

Banned
Jono said:
Brett Lee bowls well again in a ODI. Top knock from Hayden as well.

I wonder where TEC is. :happy:
Haha it is a flat deck though...

IMO Symonds's antics when taking his wickets today are uncalled for. Especially clapping Chris Cairns when he got him out caught on the boundary. It is patronising and arrogant. His send off for McMillan was equally bad.

Granted he is bowling well but I don't think he needs to do his little send offs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Blaze said:
See, if he comes here claiming that the pitch was flat, I'll bring up Lee's bowling. Then he'll probably claim the pitch favoured the bowlers :wacko: Which will then result in me bringing up Hayden's innings, resulting in him claiming the pitch changed from a batting paradise while Hayden was there to a bowler's dream while Lee was bowling. So obviously it took no skill to do what they did.

All that while Lee played much much better than Kaspa in game 1. Not that I think Kaspa is rubbish (I'd love him in my team), but his criticism of Lee in the ODI team is obviously being proved wrong.

Natman20

International Debutant
Hayden

U think him going off the field means that he can't play for the rest of series because of injury

Fiery

Banned
Blaze said:

IMO Symonds's antics when taking his wickets today are uncalled for. Especially clapping Chris Cairns when he got him out caught on the boundary. It is patronising and arrogant. His send off for McMillan was equally bad.

Granted he is bowling well but I don't think he needs to do his little send offs
Aussie players are renowned for it. They practice them in the nets. Brett Lee is the worst

Blaze

Banned
Jono said:
See, if he comes here claiming that the pitch was flat, I'll bring up Lee's bowling. Then he'll probably claim the pitch favoured the bowlers :wacko: Which will then result in me bringing up Hayden's innings, resulting in him claiming the pitch changed from a batting paradise while Hayden was there to a bowler's dream while Lee was bowling. So obviously it took no skill to do what they did.

All that while Lee played much much better than Kaspa in game 1. Not that I think Kaspa is rubbish (I'd love him in my team), but his criticism of Lee in the ODI team is obviously being proved wrong.

Ahh yes looks like you have him covered then :)

Blaze

Banned
Scallywag said:
NZ players practise them but just dont get to use them. :D :D :D

Haha we do against other teams just not aussie.. Honestly though this performance is depressing. Out of interest how do you aussie fans such as Scallywag suggest we turn our fortunes around. Do you have any ideas? Where do you think we are going wrong?

Fiery

Banned
Scallywag said:
NZ players practise them but just dont get to use them. :D :D :D
Typical Aussie team meeting:
Lee: Hey Symmo, what will you do if you get Astle out?
Symmo: I dunno, maybe point to the pavilion before presenting my ass to be groped by Hoggy. What will you do?
Lee: Not sure, still can't decide between the chainsaw or the starjump . Depends whether it's the number 10 or 11.

Blaze

Banned
Fiery said:
Symmo: I dunno, maybe point to the pavilion before presenting my ass to be groped by Hoggy. What will you do?
Lee: Not sure, still can't decide between the chainsaw or the starjump . Depends whether it's the number 10 or 11.
Haha to be fair it's not all of them. McGrath is fairly dignified about it all

eastley

Cricket Spectator
Fiery said:
LMAO thats funny, more entertaining than the match anyway. And for you NZ supporters its not that our players are better than yours its all to do with confidence and phsycological stuff. Australia is number 1 so every team automatically feels under pressure etc.