• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Many of the NZ tail enders bat up the order for their clubs. Butler and Tuffey both open/bat #3 or #4 for Pukekohe/Weymouth when they play. I guess the only one that doesnt would be Martin

Blaze

Banned
No chance of play today I would say.. rained overnight and then continued into the morning. It is weird because I was in the region where the basin reserve is overnight and then I come home 20 minutes down the motorway and its blue sky.. jst like friday

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
looks like itll be tough to get a result if todays rained off o well at least new zealand wont lose the series three-nil
looks like shane bond is going to pass his hi score of 66*

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Play to begin in 20 minutes now. Bit surprised at how quickly the weather improved.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Dydl said:
Now Gilchrist can get his 50!! What scoring shot do you think he would score it with?
Typical Gilchrist this morning, brings up his 50 and then hits a six and a four before being dropped. Would've been a superb catch from Hamish Marshall if it'd stuck.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sir Redman said:
Many of the NZ tail enders bat up the order for their clubs. Butler and Tuffey both open/bat #3 or #4 for Pukekohe/Weymouth when they play. I guess the only one that doesnt would be Martin
James Franklin sometimes bats at number four-five for Wellington so he must be a likely candidate for a number three of four batsman for his club side too...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
No chance of play today I would say.. rained overnight and then continued into the morning. It is weird because I was in the region where the basin reserve is overnight and then I come home 20 minutes down the motorway and its blue sky.. jst like friday
Lol, the supposed starting time of 1pm certainly would've caught a few by surprise, in the end the day started at 11:30am...shame that only 83 overs should be bowled today, I'd be surprised if we get to that mark with the darker skies after daylight saving.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
With the time lost the big question is how long do Aus bat?

Another hour or so could see them past 500 and a declaration would let them attack fully for the rest of the game.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia score 90 runs in the hour session this morning. Ominous signs for the Kiwis with Gilchrist in the 90s, scoring at better than a run-a-ball, and Martyn also looking solid.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
With the time lost the big question is how long do Aus bat?

Another hour or so could see them past 500 and a declaration would let them attack fully for the rest of the game.
500 should be more than enough for the Aussies, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fleming and Cumming are to face the Australian bowling line-up before tea today either.

Considering they've beaten us in four days in the last two test matches, time shouldn't be that much of an issue for the Australians anyway.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The thing is, there's only 8 sessions left now, and the score doesn't make the follow on a realistic option yet (although it may be reduced to a 150 run lead as the 1st day was washed out)

So IMO they need to bat on and then go for it with 500 behind them and about 15 hours left.

Swervy

International Captain
i havent read the last few pages of this thread, so it may well have been mentioned already..but the follow on should be enforced 150 runs behind due to to the first day being washed out..this may well have some baring on the Oz tactics here

Dydl

International Debutant
Wonderful innings. Warne is a fully capable batsman and should be able to support Gilchrist well as well as being able to score a few runs as well.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
There's the declaration - 8/570, and Warne gets hit 10th test half century. Looks like Ponting will be trying to enforce the follow-on for the first time as captain. New Zealand need to make more than 420 to avoid it, since it's a four day game.