• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

telsor

U19 12th Man
social said:
NSW wouldnt be a player short for a day - he would simply replace another player for day 2 onwards.

It has happened before and will happen again.

When has this happened before in a PC match?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
shaka said:
Lee is not playing in either the 2nd test or the finals of pura cup, huge shock, I thought he would be welcomed into the final, but Australia insist he will be covering until the final minute, although I cannot see any Australian getting injured in the next 12 odd hours.
What about food poisoning?

If he disappeared, they've have only 3 pacemen and 1 spinner in the country, and if one of them got injured or sick...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
what all of a sudden a couple of hours before play? possible but not likley..

very heavy wether atm, unless the wind picks up no play will be had today.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
What about food poisoning?

If he disappeared, they've have only 3 pacemen and 1 spinner in the country, and if one of them got injured or sick...
Clarke's an all rounder...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol i dont think that playing just 3 bowlers, even with plenty of part timers would be ideal, that said it might make it a little closer ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
lol i dont think that playing just 3 bowlers, even with plenty of part timers would be ideal, that said it might make it a little closer ;)
You do remember the score when Gilly came in in the 1st Test don't you?

Cam7

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm sitting in the R.A. Vance Stand at the Basin Reserve, on a sodden Wellington day. The umpires have just been out for an inspection of the ground, but (typically) they're hesitant to call it off (even though everyone knows it's gonna be like this all friggin day!).

They say they're going out for another look at 1:15pm, but I think the rain's getting a little heavier now, so I hope they come to their senses and call it off before then. I hate all this shagging around! Let's all go home and come back tomorrow! :yawn:

Blaze

Banned
Cam7 said:
I'm sitting in the R.A. Vance Stand at the Basin Reserve, on a sodden Wellington day. The umpires have just been out for an inspection of the ground, but (typically) they're hesitant to call it off (even though everyone knows it's gonna be like this all friggin day!).

They say they're going out for another look at 1:15pm, but I think the rain's getting a little heavier now, so I hope they come to their senses and call it off before then. I hate all this shagging around! Let's all go home and come back tomorrow! :yawn:

I am in Upper Hutt and it hasnt rained all day

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
Clarke's an all rounder...
Pfft...

On a side note, I dont know why Katich doesnt get a bowl before Clarke in tests. Hes much more threatening (yes, I know all about Clarke's test record...)

Cam7

Blaze said:
I am in Upper Hutt and it hasnt rained all day
Upper Kupe, you mean? ;) Well, that's interesting. I live in Lower Hutt, so maybe I can get away from this horrible grey day at the Basin in the next hour or so, and get back out to the sunny Hutt Valley!?

Where have those damn umpires gone? Give it up, lads! - It aint gonna happen! ;)

Blaze

Banned
Cam7 said:
Upper Kupe, you mean? ;) Well, that's interesting. I live in Lower Hutt, so maybe I can get away from this horrible grey day at the Basin in the next hour or so, and get back out to the sunny Hutt Valley!?

Where have those damn umpires gone? Give it up, lads! - It aint gonna happen! ;)

R u working?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
Pfft...

On a side note, I dont know why Katich doesnt get a bowl before Clarke in tests. Hes much more threatening (yes, I know all about Clarke's test record...)
Clarke's probably going to be a decent part-timer in due time, like Lehmann. Katich is a bit erratic, but yes I think he should get a bowl more often as well. He's got a pretty impressive test record too, after all.

Cam7

Blaze said:
R u working?
Indeed I am. Well... I would be if it was sunny and there were cricketers out on the park! Instead, I'm killing time on the Net. :)

Update: It is absolutely hosing down now... heaviest it's been all day. No play today!!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
Clarke's probably going to be a decent part-timer in due time, like Lehmann. Katich is a bit erratic, but yes I think he should get a bowl more often as well. He's got a pretty impressive test record too, after all.
Katich has much more chance of taking a wicket IMO.

I would also bowl Katich ahead of Lehmann...

James

Cricket Web Owner
Good to see Cricket Web is getting some more visitors from Wellington at long last :D

Looking out my office window now and it's raining and the fog has got worse!