• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

DriveClub

International Regular
Jimmy is finished after his injury, was bowling at 125 slower than vern lol English posters overestimating their bowlers as usual. Within steyn and rabada there's too much firepower england bowlers can't match. Vern is better than any 3rd seamer eng might put up. England bowling only trumps in depth due to all rounders

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Look mate the writing's on the wall. CW is dying. If Steyn Philander Rabada vs Anderson Broad Woakes creates some drama, it would be time well spent.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know people love Vern here but I do think he will struggle outside the South African seaming pitches infact before injury I don't remember the last time he made any impact in an away test all 3 Eanglish seamers are ahead of him however Steyn and Kagiso triumphs over anyone that plays for England.

Xuhaib

International Coach
The one series I am really looking forward to in next 6 months is Sa-Aus. I think Pakistan will struggle in Aus as our game is neve suited to Australian pitches but South Africca I expect will come hard Rabada and a hungry Steyn vs Aussie FTB's also AB will be back with renewed focus and will make mountain of runs on those Australian highways..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know people love Vern here but I do think he will struggle outside the South African seaming pitches infact before injury I don't remember the last time he made any impact in an away test all 3 Eanglish seamers are ahead of him however Steyn and Kagiso triumphs over anyone that plays for England.
3rd test away v England iirc. Or at least on of the games on that tour he was immense.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Xuhaib are you actually suggesting that Woakes is better than Philander? Or do you rate Wood or Finn higher than both?

I'd pick Broad and Anderson over Philander in most circumstances too but England definitely don't have three bowlers better than him, IMO.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Xuhaib are you actually suggesting that Woakes is better than Philander? Or do you rate Wood or Finn higher than both?

I'd pick Broad and Anderson over Philander in most circumstances too but England definitely don't have three bowlers better than him, IMO.
I do think Woakes 2016 is better then Philander jury is still out, is Woakes capable of sustaining it? I would comfortably pick Vern ahead of Wood and Finn. This would be my list top to bottom

Steyn
Anderson = Broad
Kagiso ( for now)
Woakes
Philander
Wood
Abbot = Finn

Rabada is the dark horse here:ph34r: in six months he might just be better then anyone on the list barring Steyn thus putting Saffers clearly ahead of England.

morgieb

I honestly think there's a case to not pick Philander in SA's full strength lineup in Australia. Just don't think he's as suited to Australian wickets as Steyn, Rabada and Morkel are.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I honestly think there's a case to not pick Philander in SA's full strength lineup in Australia. Just don't think he's as suited to Australian wickets as Steyn, Rabada and Morkel are.
Philander becomes the stock bowler (he is surprisingly fit for a tubby) but his continuous good line and length make him difficult to attack without some risk....

DriveClub

International Regular
I do think Woakes 2016 is better then Philander jury is still out, is Woakes capable of sustaining it? I would comfortably pick Vern ahead of Wood and Finn. This would be my list top to bottom

Steyn
Anderson = Broad
Kagiso ( for now)
Woakes
Philander
Wood
Abbot = Finn

Rabada is the dark horse here:ph34r: in six months he might just be better then anyone on the list barring Steyn thus putting Saffers clearly ahead of England.
Current anderson post injury isn't anywhere near that good, was bowling slower than vern, he's almost finished.

OverratedSanity

Why so? He gets good bounce off a length. I think he can pick up lots of wickets if he just gets a bit of assistance from the pitch. Hazelwood is pretty similar in style and he goes OK.

91Jmay

International Coach
Current anderson post injury isn't anywhere near that good, was bowling slower than vern, he's almost finished.
He was hitting 87-89 MPH at times against Pakistan and pace has not been a factor for him since he has been a great bowler. Where do you idiots get this stuff from?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
JFC mate........you may as well go back to the user name Apo if you're going to continue to post **** like this. So much for a new name/better poster huh??

Jimmy Anderson post injury is 3 tests FFS.3 tests in which he took 9 wickets @ 25. In the series prior to that he took 21 wickets @10!!

Seriously have a spell.

DriveClub

International Regular
JFC mate........you may as well go back to the user name Apo if you're going to continue to post **** like this. So much for a new name/better poster huh??

Jimmy Anderson post injury is 3 tests FFS.3 tests in which he took 9 wickets @ 25. In the series prior to that he took 21 wickets @10!!

Seriously have a spell.
No need to get personal mate, that's my prediction for anderson that he's going to be finished soon. You're getting way too personal here, I didn't post anything about you.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
No need to get personal mate, that's my prediction for anderson that he's going to be finished soon. You're getting way too personal here, I didn't post anything about you.

I'm just telling it how it is fella. And you're post was NOT a prediction for Anderson.......you stated it as a done deal.

And if you seriously think he is done and dusted, well we've heard it all before mate. And guess what.......he just comes back better.

Edit:

And if you do want to salvage some shred of credibility, how about you tell us how come he's finished and been so **** since his injury?? I've posted his stats and Jmay posted that he's been hitting 87-89 mph so his speeds not down as you falsely claimed.

I'll be very interested to hear your "expert" analysis......

Last edited: