• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

Chubb

International Regular
Not necessarily. There are better black bowlers who haven't been picked. Mpofu for one is better than him, so are Tawanda Mupariwa, Rainsford, Panyangara (injury on some of them though) and maybe even his own brother, Allan Mwayenga, who is a left-armer and would at least have given some variety.

He's been taken off, I see, 3-0-23-0. It isn't his fault he gets picked but he shouldn't be anywhere near the side.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Chubb said:
I cannot believe the utter stupidity of playing Waddy "Worse bowler than Trescothick" Mwayenga (it's true, you know) ahead of Gav Ewing and Anthony Ireland who are manifestly superior cricketers in all departments. Insane, insane descision from the selectors. He's bowled 2 overs for 18 runs for christ's sake :@ . His ODI bowling average is 157! his economy rate over 7!
I was very impressed with Anthony Ireland. He would probably be in there as my 3rd seamer if I was picking the Zim side. Don't know why he is always having to carry the drinks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At least the Indians are catching well in this series. Dravid, Singh and Kumble all taking very good catches, Zim 4/21.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Just how many balls did Dravid face to score his 98 ?? Last week we heard an uproar by the media and fans over Ganguly's slow century and today one says a word about Dravid's slow batting, Talk about hypocrisy ?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
Just how many balls did Dravid face to score his 98 ?? Last week we heard an uproar by the media and fans over Ganguly's slow century and today one says a word about Dravid's slow batting, Talk about hypocrisy ?
I guess everyone just expects that pace from Dravid, whether he's playing Zimbabwe or Australia. Anyway, Ganguly scored a slow century; Dravid didn't. :p

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
he was facing far tougher batting conditions and streak was bowling beautifully...not the same situation at all...

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think almost all of the Indian batsmen, barring Sehwag, Gambhir and Yuvraj (yes, I think he has looked pretty fluent every time he has batted on this tour), are struggling with their timing, rhythm, footwork and everything. Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that if Irfan had been bowling at India, guys like Dravid and Laxman would be prime LBW candidates, the way they were moving their feet?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, 151 runs in the 28-over session. Good to see Masakadza scoring runs four years after his debut ton, and he's still only 22! Blignaut riding his luck judging by the Cricinfo commentary, but I'm not complaining.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz said:
Because Dravid won Cricketer of the year last year, has been our test batsman for the past 3 years and has never looked at sea when he's out in the middle for so long like Ganguly has.

I think you knew the answer to the question. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Chubb said:
I really hope Hamilton gets a hundred, he's showing the real class that he has.
Masakadza annoys me so much. It's obvious that he has talent, but he always manages to make the one mistake on 14 and bang, out.

At least he's on 71* right now. Masakadza, Taibu, Streak, Coventry, Blignaut isn't actually a bad 4 through 8 ( although it's arguable whether Blignaut could keep his place on his bowling). If Mahwire keeps getting the odd wicket too, Zimbabwe might just need a couple of openers, a number three batsman, a spinner and a fast bowler and they're competitive again.

Ah, who am I kidding...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
Masakadza annoys me so much. It's obvious that he has talent, but he always manages to make the one mistake on 14 and bang, out.

At least he's on 71* right now. Masakadza, Taibu, Streak, Coventry, Blignaut isn't actually a bad 4 through 8 ( although it's arguable whether Blignaut could keep his place on his bowling). If Mahwire keeps getting the odd wicket too, Zimbabwe might just need a couple of openers, a number three batsman, a spinner and a fast bowler and they're competitive again.

Ah, who am I kidding...
Jinxed him. :dry: :p

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
Still, 71 - must be the highest non-Taibu score in Zimbabwe cricket since...Matsikenyeri?
Since Taylor's 77 last month. Blignaut doing his best to get the first Zimbabwean century in over a year (I think), currently 83*. Was on 65* when the last man came in, and he's already done enough to avoid the innings defeat.

shaka

International Regular
excelllent work by Blignaut and Masakadza, too bad they are likely to lose by 10wickets. Slightly better than an innings loss.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
although it's arguable whether Blignaut could keep his place on his bowling
I honestly dont think he can - but his batting is as good as any of the top 7 really, bar Taibu and possibly Taylor.

Hes following the same path as Travis Friend. He'll end up being primarily a middle-order batsman, with the ability to bowl at a high pace but with little accuracy or lateral movement.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Pathan may have got a big-ten in this so-called match but that doesn't make him a better strike bowler than Zaheer- the more experienced hand has done better against better teams. Hopefully the selectors realise that.