• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

Chubb

International Regular
More madness from the Zimbabwean selectors. Sibanda keeps his place, the very talented Ham Masakadza making way for him, and CJ Chibhabha brought in for Blessing Mahwire, who is supersub, although calling him "super" can be debated.

Chibhabha is apparently a true allrounder who can bat, and bowls lively medium pace, a bit like Elton Chigumbura but with a slightly better tempremnt batting-wise. interesting to see how he goes.

From Cricinfo's Logan cup review:

Young player to watch: A complete allrounder, Chamunorwa Chibhabha is a composed player, a brilliant stroke player in the top order and an accurate medium-pace bowler with a bright future in the game.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, Chibhabba is more of a genuine top order batsman than a Chigumbura, who is more a lower-order slogger. Their blowing is very similiar.

Masakadza and Wishart are still better batsmen though, and the side is packed with bowlers, so his selection makes little sence to me. Still though, hes better than Vusi, who I wouldnt even pick in the Logan Cup.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well, at least Zimbabwe got off to a good start.

Great partnership between Scotty 'Beam-me-up' Styris and Daniel 'Patronus' Vettori.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Blignaut doing well with late wickets. It sound like at least Zimbabwe`s catching has been good this series?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nnanden said:
Blignaut doing well with late wickets. It sound like at least Zimbabwe`s catching has been good this series?
The bowling has recovered as well. Ewing and Utseya do a very good job on the slower wickets, and Ireland seems to have a knack of taking wickets with bad balls ala Agarkar. Streak has been all class, and Blignaut, despite actually bowling horribly, will get some confidence from those wickets.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its a crap wicket for batting by the look of it.....Swing for the new ball followed by a completely dead wicket

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
and CJ Chibhabha brought in for Blessing Mahwire, who is supersub, although calling him "super" can be debated.
Im going to have to argue with that. It seems to be a bit of a dig at Mahwire.

Hes one of the best bowlers in the country these days, like it or not. His batting has improved slightly as well.

Chubb

International Regular
Just being a bit cynical I'm afraid Prince. Mahwire is a damn sight better than the likes of Waddy.

It was a good bowling effort but the batting hasn't been up to scratch again. Sibanda did what he does when he "succeeds", play a few good shots then get out in the 20s stupidly, going for a needless second run in this instance. he reminds me of a lot of the young bangladeshi batsmen, only worse.

Way to go Chappie! he's just hit two consecutive sixes off Patel, big ones too by the read of it.

Last edited: