• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in West Indies, AUG 10 to 21, 2022

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Think NZ really messed things up by forcing him into the opening slot. Hope he bounces back because there's no new wave of batsmen putting pressure on the incumbents TBH.
Completely agree. We've mismanaged him in a significant way

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I can totally see why Neesham wouldn't be in the first XI. He's always been a guy who has some nice attributes (hits the long ball, finisher, can bowl briskly) while also being dangerously close to "bits and pieces" because he's never established himself as an international standard bowler and nor is he a proper batsman. Would just be another harsh chapter in the story of his career if he crushed it in one World Cup (with a whole "comeback story" narrative around it) and then was dropped from the next one for no real performance-based reason.
Yeah, I'm of the same opinion in terms of his attributes but at the same time he isn't a million miles off a bits and pieces cricketer.

However, I still think he's our nigh-on best finisher in both disciplines (bat and ball) - and we are far from stacked with good options in either. I still think he's worthy of a best XI place.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
This must be NZ's first visit to the Caribbean since the 2014 3 test series. That's not too far of a decade FFS. Makes for a nice change of scene in the calendar.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Neesham's not going anywhere, is he? NZ's momentum seemed to have halted for a moment there.

Holder can be cannon fodder in white ball sometimes, especially at the death. Just doesn't have a lot going for him.