• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah, weird. Mills has two left and can only bowl one. The stupidest thing about that is how well he was bowling in his first spell; if you were only going to bowl him for this many overs at the death he should've bowled one more up front. Furthermore, the last over is going to be bowled by Neesham or Elliott.. which could've been really costly.
It sounds crazy, but has anyone ever suggested that Mills bowl his entire 10 overs straight away with the new ball?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It sounds crazy, but has anyone ever suggested that Mills bowl his entire 10 overs straight away with the new ball?
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but it's been suggested lots of times. The main problem with it in the context of this lineup is that New Zealand are only picking two frontline seamers so, as bad as he is at the death, I'd probably still back him to be one of the NZ's best two death bowlers playing.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Shocking effort by our middle order. Our middle order has always been a problem. Why can't we just fix the fact that they score too slowly in the middle overs? Why is it so damn difficult? All our chokes can be traced back to the middle order. It is quite frankly ridiculous.

Meridio

International Regular
Woop!! Top ball by Jimmy.

I think this win can be solely attributed to the fact that Nicol wasn't playing.

BeeGee

International Captain
At least 5 times in this thread, I think.
many many many times
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but it's been suggested lots of times. The main problem with it in the context of this lineup is that New Zealand are only picking two frontline seamers so, as bad as he is at the death, I'd probably still back him to be one of the NZ's best two death bowlers playing.
Pretty sure it was sarcasm.

Neesham did the business, but FFS, to have your best bowler not bowl his full quota and have to bring in a part timer who's only bowled 3 overs to bowl the final over cold, is bloody terrible captaincy, it has to be said.