• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Making Elgar and Kleinveldt look like test players.

Actually, Rory's bowling very nicely here, tbf to him.
Rory bowled well in Adelaide too. He looked a club standard bowler on debut but part of that was nerves I'd say. As I said after that Adelaide Test, he doesn't look a terrible bowler to have as a travelling reserve. You'd be in trouble if he was in your full strength attack but he's not anywhere near as bad as he looked in Brisbane.

Elgar though.. hmm. :p

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I would have reviewed it if I got out like tbf. The ball always seems much more leg-sideish than it is when you've fallen over to the off side like that so I bet he thought it pitched outside, and pitching-leg/hitting-leg is a bit of an odd way to get out lbw in general, even as a leftie.
Yeah I might be too harsh, ball pitched on leg stump marginally; worth of a review from Flynn's pov

BoyBrumby

Englishman
maybe we jumped the gun in our attempts to destroy him.
Looks a different bowler altogether, so yeah.

I've been wrong before.

More or less exclusively.

What's up with Big Vern, by the way? Another back spasm?

Nice as his action is, tubby seamers are always a back injury waiting to happen. See also: Sidearse, Ryan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looks a different bowler altogether, so yeah.

I've been wrong before.

More or less exclusively.

What's up with Big Vern, by the way? Another back spasm?

Nice as his action is, tubby seamers are always a back injury waiting to happen. See also: Sidearse, Ryan.
Hamstring.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Something tells me we'll never get to a see a worse Robbie P hat-trick ball though.
Touche. :p

Kid's improved, IMHO.

NZ playing him like he's Bishen Bedi helps, but getting serious turn and bounce here. Perfect bit of fishing to reel in McCullum too; tosses up a drive ball and the captain couldn't resist.