• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Fiery

Banned
Vincent should be the first opener picked tbh. Or if they want to stick with what they've got, the second middle order batsman picked behind Fleming.
He's obviously held in the same regard as Matt Sinclair by Bracewell. (I've gone off the guy so much I stopped calling him "Braces" years ago)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Vincent should be the first opener picked tbh. Or if they want to stick with what they've got, the second middle order batsman picked behind Fleming.
Nah, Sinclair > Vincent, as both as an opener and a middle order player. Fulton too TBH.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Also, looking at those figures it begs the question why on EARTH was Vincent dropped after averaging 49 in his last year of test cricket? Insanity.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sinclair has been a fair bit better at first class level, though. Plus he's just gun. :p

Realistically though, both should be there, and so should Fulton. I'd probably open with Vincent, having Sinclair and Fulton somewhere between 3 and 5 along with Fleming.

Fulton's obviously injured but it's criminal the other two haven't played while Cumming and Taylor have. Papps I can handle, at least he dominated the last domestic season.

pup11

International Coach
Sinclair has been a fair bit better at first class level, though. Plus he's just gun. :p

Realistically though, both should be there, and so should Fulton. I'd probably open with Vincent, having Sinclair and Fulton somewhere between 3 and 5 along with Fleming.

Fulton's obviously injured but it's criminal the other two haven't played while Cumming and Taylor have. Papps I can handle, at least he dominated the last domestic season.
I completly agree with your views i just can't understand why guys like Sinclair and Vincent are not in the side i guess the black cap selectors are also "muppets"! :laugh:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS play Patel.

Any news on de Villiers? I want to see McKenzie back in the side.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well it looks like Mills, Gillespie and Vincent will be the replacements for the match. Interesting to have a look at how Gillespie bowls, he hasn't had anything like the pace he had last summer, since he developed that weird nerve injury back in March.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I worry how Vincent will go. Has been out of test cricket for over a year. I hope he doesn't go cheaply.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
God, Papps looks village. If he's the best we've got than we're in a very sad state indeed.