• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I hear that Guptill is out of the 1st warmup game with injury. Since Williamson, McCullum and Anderson won't be in the country I'd love to see the batting lineup:

Latham
Rutherford
Taylor
Watling
Ronchi
Craig
Doug Bracewell

Is there anyone else in the squad who I've forgotten?
Are there any other batsman available? Can they draft someone in or let the batsmen who fail bat twice?

Perhaps Craig McMillan will make a comeback or Hesson have a hit
Tom Latham
Hamish Rutherford
Ross Taylor
BJ Watling
Luke Ronchi
Santner
Mark Craig
Doug Bracewell
Neil Wagner
Ben Wheeler
Jacob Duffy

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Noema-Barnett is playing CC, as is the nationally ambiguous Craig Cachopa. Can't see them playing the warm-up though (though I'd secretly like Cachopa to).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Noema-Barnett is playing CC, as is the nationally ambiguous Craig Cachopa. Can't see them playing the warm-up though (though I'd secretly like Cachopa to).
James Franklin, Andre Adams and Hamish Marshall are too (and Fuller I guess). I think it'd put the contracts of all those guys into murky territory if they played though; they'd have to rely on playing for "New Zealanders" in a warmup game not constituting playing as a New Zealand local in any way.. in which case NZ could just select any random player around even if they had no NZ ties anyway.

More likely that someone playing league cricket as an overseas player pops up.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
James Franklin, Andre Adams and Hamish Marshall are too (and Fuller I guess). I think it'd put the contracts of all those guys into murky territory if they played though; they'd have to rely on playing for "New Zealanders" in a warmup game not constituting playing as a New Zealand local in any way.. in which case NZ could just select any random player around even if they had no NZ ties anyway.

More likely that someone play league cricket as an overseas player pops up.
Forget Jeets at your peril, Cribbage.

Joe Carter, Anurag Verma and Tim Seifert are all over there playing league cricket, by the sounds of things. I wouldn't mind Carter getting a crack in the warm-ups.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Rutherford
2. Latham
3. Taylor
4. Watling +
5. Ronchi
6. Santner
7. Craig
8. Bracewell
9. Wheeler
10. Wagner
11. Duffy

Yeah I'd slot Carter in at 3 and play 12-a-side, personally.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Boult and Southee should be fine anyway because they'll relish the conditions. It'll hurt the batsmen more... KW, Anderson and McCullum going in with 0 preparation is bad.
Anderson's injured anyways. KW is a concern. He hasn't even been playing in the IPL, which regardless of the standard, is still cricket.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I can imagine that there's no shortage of SRH coaches with very, very, very sore arms at the moment. I don't think Kane would be wasting his time partying away while on the bench; throwdowns galore.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I can imagine that there's no shortage of SRH coaches with very, very, very sore arms at the moment. I don't think Kane would be wasting his time partying away while on the bench; throwdowns galore.
Put your house on that he's wearing someone's arm out. I'm not worried about his lack of cricket at all. He had plenty of it into the World Cup and didn't perform at all bar the Aussie pool game, so a break is probably exactly what he needed.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Edgar declines revised selection role.

Former New Zealand batsman Bruce Edgar has decided against accepting a revised Black Caps selection role.

Edgar, whose contract with NZC concluded at the end of April, assisted New Zealand coach Mike Hesson in selecting highly successful test, one day international and T20 international squads over the last two years.

But Edgar has opted to walk away from a restructured job, saying he enjoyed his time working with Hesson and the Black Caps.

"It's been one of the most successful periods for New Zealand Cricket, and it's been a privilege to be a part of that," he said. "It's been great to see the progress of the New Zealand test team and the development of so many new players coming through. We just couldn't come to terms."

NZC head of cricket Lindsay Crocker said Edgar had developed a strong working relationship with Hesson and could deservedly feel a sense of accomplishment in the performance of the various teams he helped select.

"Bruce has been an excellent sounding board for Mike - a trusted colleague and a good, independent thinker," said Crocker. "We're certainly disappointed to see him leave."

Changes to Edgar's role were fuelled by a need to expand the national talent identification component of his job from a part-time to fulltime position, something NZC deemed a priority if recent successes on the international stage were to be sustained.

"Bruce felt he was unable to accept the revised role and terms and while it's a decision we regret, it's also one we respect," Crocker said. "He departs with our gratitude for a selection job well done, and with our best wishes in future endeavours."
Cricket: Edgar stands down from NZC - Sport - NZ Herald News

GGG

State Captain
Anderson's injured anyways. KW is a concern. He hasn't even been playing in the IPL, which regardless of the standard, is still cricket.
Anderson will be available from what I have read, he has flown back to India according to reports.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hesson said in the presser than NZ have to "earn the right" to play series longer than 2 Tests.

You cannot make it up.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hesson said in the presser than NZ have to "earn the right" to play series longer than 2 Tests.

You cannot make it up.
This is the most New Zealandish thing anyone has ever said.

Truly the Canadians of the Southern Hemisphere.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The Black Caps have just 11 players to call-on for their first warm-up match against Somerset, starting tomorrow night, with Martin Guptill sidelined with a hamstring injury.

They've called up young Central Districts batsman Will Young as cover.

Brendon McCullum, Kane Williamson, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Corey Anderson and Matt Henry will join the New Zealand squad just a couple of days out from the series opener at Lord's.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

You cannot make it up.
"We've started to earn the right now to play longer series than two tests," Hesson said on Wednesday.

Must've been an old Otago cliché.