• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in CWLand Discussion and Results

Loony BoB

International Captain
Top win guys. Enjoyed that outing.

Btw, pretty sure Rai's bowling stats have been deleting since he converted to a batsman.
Your bowling S/R gets set to 100... but Rai's strike rate in FC was already above 100, I think, so if anything we could see it as an improvement, haha.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kennett released from CW XI squad

David Kennett has been released from the squad of 13, as it is whittled down to 12. Selection is ongoing as to the final XI. Sources close to the board indicate that there is still consideration as to the final bowling position, between Nick Borcich and Dave Richards.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
happy to get a run out for the Chairman's XI and put in a decent performance.

delighted to be back in contention for a test spot and i guess it just depends on conditions between me and Nico so don't think either of us would begrudge the other the cap whichever way it goes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not sure how Bowen batted so slow ... that's a bit of a concern.
Yeah. I think I just wanted some time out in the middle. Happy with 69 :naughty: and 42 though and more importantly a win over the touring side.

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
Shocked at no Kennett in the test team. :(
Looking at my season and the last test series, surprised I even managed to make my way into a squad of 13. Proved in Sri Lanka that I could be the man for the job, proved against the rest of the world I wasn't. That said, still hoping I can claw my way back into the team, and prove myself wrong.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Elevens for the 1st Test

NZ

Bell
Cumming
Fulton
Sinclair
Ryder
Oram
+McCullum
Hiini
*Vettori
Mills
Martin

CW XI

+Mørk
Young
Cloete
Butler
Dauth
Jasotharan
Wilson
Richards
Collins
*Pickup
Demeza

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Well Willo and Buts, it's time to fly the Colts flag while our teammates are fighting for win number 2...

I never though I'd be saying this late in the season...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Well Willo and Buts, it's time to fly the Colts flag while our teammates are fighting for win number 2...

I never though I'd be saying this late in the season...
Persuaded Hakon to give me a sneak peak at the scorecard. Let's just say you can't spell duck without golden or pair without king in your case. :cool:

Majin

International Debutant
Totally stoked with that, first ton since converting to a batsman and against the Kiwi's too. MotM icing on the cake! Was a good performance all round from our boys to take us to a good win, loved it.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Really happy with my scalps in the Chairman's. Nice to see I can still mix it with the Internationals. Richards was a star aswell. Good luck to the fellas in the real one. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
1st Test: Cricket Web XI vs New Zealand
CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

After a nervy start, hosts Cricket Web XI dismantled the New Zealand effort on the fourth day, helped by suicidal batting and a rapidly wearing wicket. The big story of the day, however, was the Webhead batsmen, who continued their fine form from the tour of England despite early setbacks.

Young played Mills well except for one indiscretion, a left ball that cannoned into off stump, and wickets kept falling at uncomfortable intervals. Cloete gave a return catch on 11, Mørk was dropped on 41 only to fail to exploit it, and at lunch they were precariously placed at 124 for three.

The afternoon session on the first day was perhaps CW's best of the first nine sessions. Fine strokes littered the boundaries, Dauth reached his hundred (after a small reprieve by Ryder on 92), and the New Zealanders were unable to take a wicket.

If the second session belonged to the Webheads, the third belonged to Chris Martin. It took three balls to get Dauth out for 114; he ended with six for 58 in his two spells of the evening, rattling the Webheads for 388 after Jasotharan and Wilson were both caught by Fulton. Thus, Martin ended with career-best figures of seven for 107.

After Bell and Cumming were both dismissed for low scores, Cricket Web saw an opening. The two had, however, blunted the ball, which allowed Fulton and Sinclair to wrest control of the game. The two were dominant until lunch, clattered fours off Pickup and Demeza immediately afterwards, and suddenly both had eased to fifties. Eventually, Fulton was put down, as is to be expected during a stand of 182; Mørk held the next chance, and Pickup cut Ryder's innings short with a flipper that went to Young at slip.

Lower order resistance, however, upped the total. Oram managed 43 in a productive evening session, though the Webheads would be pleased with the evening's work as they got four wickets. In the morning, however, Hiini and Mills batted patiently while the hosts went totally off the boil, resulting in 86 to the total and a lead for the tourists. No bowler really emerged with credit; Demeza took four wickets, including a crucial breakthrough in Mills, but that included the three lowest.

At 54 for two just after lunch, Mørk out to an injudicious stroke, Cricket Web were staring down the barrel. The Edfield crowd, so often disappointed this season, braced themselves for another shock upset. Dauth managed 42 before tea, adding 83 in an entertaining partnership with Cloete, but when he padded up to Ryder at 61, it looked as though New Zealand would chase a small target - though the two hours of play remaining on the third day would decide much.

In that time, Cricket Web effectively wrested control. Helped by friendly umpires, who refused to give the lbws - except against nothing bowlers - Jasotharan and Butler bludgeoned the runs in typical Colts fashion, smacking 115 in less than twenty overs to inflict huge psychological damage. Wilson carried on in the same fashion when one of Jasotharan's big strokes eventually went to hand; the allrounder smacked four sixes in a near run-a-ball 84. Butler ended on 140, and the total of 509 led to a record target for New Zealand.

It ended predictably. Despite the smacking efforts by the Webhead lower order, there lurked gremlins in the pitch. At tea, New Zealand were precariously placed at 56 for two; Pickup and Richards then took a wicket each with balls that kept deceivingly low, and the rest of New Zealand's batting order wilted as they completed the 320-run defeat; Demeza once again rattling through the tail.

Cricket Web XI 1st innings 388 all out (88)
RJ Dauth 114, CR Butler 58, S Jasotharan 57; CS Martin 7/107

New Zealand 1st innings 425 all out (125.3)
MS Sinclair 118, PG Fulton 87, BC Hiini 53*; TJ Demeza 4/105

Cricket Web XI 2nd innings 509 all out (109)
CR Butler 140, MW Wilson 84, S Jasotharan 78, RJ Dauth 61

New Zealand 2nd innings 152 all out (47.3)
TJ Demeza 4/70, DP Richards 3/22

Cricket Web XI won by 320 runs
Man of the Match: C. R. Butler (CW XI)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Where did all the grafters go? :(

Excellent win by the XI, D0rf 4 lyf. Demeza's bowling stats in the second dig pretty funny aswell. And by funny I mean because he took wickets.