• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2010

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
So good news to NZ and NZ fans - NO TAMIM IQBAL FOR THIS ODI SERIES!
I actually tend to think thats bad news. Obviously from a viewer's point of view I'd have liked to have watched Tamim, but more importantly I'd prefer New Zealand to face the strongest possible Bangladeshi side in conditions that in theory would suit them, and give New Zealand a reasonably strong fight.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True, although he got offside with the crowd in the last tour when he was pissing Vettori and McCullum off with something he was doing at the non-striker's end. But then he started mouthing off at them, and they pissed themselves laughing when he promptly got out.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was pretty funny tbf and I'm sure the crowd won't hold a lasting grudge, unlike players who have entrenched themselves as ****s to NZ crowds, such as Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
That's horrible news. Considering how badly smashed they get WITH him hate to think what's going to happen without. He's easily Bangladesh's best batsman.
LOL! That IS the point I was making. Without him, there may be no semblance of a fight at all from the Bangers.

He's enjoying his time with his childhood friends settled there though...will be back in a week or so.

Shahriar Nafees replaced him in the ODIs for now.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Ian Pont is the new fast bowling coach for Bangladesh!

Well, now we have Ian Pont as our (fast) bowling coach. Won't make difference in this NZ tour though I reckon. At least, after the Klusener debacle we have FINALLY found a bowling coach to help prepare the Bangladesh team for the World Cup!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Guptill is in the NZ A team to tour Zimbabwe.

That squad:
James Franklin (Captain)
Graeme Aldridge
Brent Arnel
Nick Beard
Dean Brownlie
Daniel Flynn
Martin Guptill
Gareth Hopkins
Jamie How
Peter Ingram
Tim McIntosh
Chris Martin
Jeetan Patel
Bhupinder Singh
Reece Young

Brownlie's put himself in the picture pretty quickly. Good to see Beard in there.
Could have sworn that we banned him. :dry: