• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
[political offtopic post]
That's not really how it works. This forum is privately owned; libertarians believe James or his delegates and can set and enforce whatever crazy rules they like. We just don't believe in the initiation of force on peaceful people or their property.
[/political offtopic post]

There might be something to this in spirit though; his last ten infractions/warnings have come from people other than me and I haven't give him one since before I became an anarchist. Know your enemy, Gnske.
I love you for it and I love your moderation, you've always been my favourite and with good reason.

Flem274*

123/5
Wasn't Southee rumoured as trying to join the mile high club with a air stewardess early in his career?
iirc he succeeded
You absolutely totally can when your backup options are Tastle and Henry. Southee took 9 wickets in the first Test ffs. This isn't a situation where we suddenly bring in Hazlewood or some total gun when Southee/Boult are out of form, our backup STINK. Southee and Boult could run in at 110 and they'd still be our two best new ball options. Our 3rd best is CDG and he does run in at 110.
i don't think anyones pumping for henry. i would have given jamieson a look. there's a strong argument to be made (that i will put in my spray post game) that we need to rethink the balance of the attack and give ferguson a full time gig.
I mean whether they said he was dropped or was rested because they dgaf about this game it was going to be controversial either way, so they gave a Bob Cunis of an answer.

They should've just lied and said he was injured.
they're not smart enough to say this but tbf if they got caught out it feeds the public perception of southee being soft.

also if they're going to rest bowlers because we're giving up they should have rested our best one, wagner.

Flem274*

123/5
we would have been crushed regardless but i never thought i'd despise an umpire like i despise erasmus. it's not like he's incompetent like dharmasena, he literally awards every 50/50 call to australia or england.

fat ****.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stopped waahing about umpire's call you babies
TBF I'd be somewhat peeved if I was on the wrong end of basically every 50/50 call (which I don't think NZ have but there's no doubt they haven't got the rub of the green there). Still, the boot was on our foot in the 2019 Ashes.....

vandem

International 12th Man
We know how umpire's call works. Just wish the itchy-trigger-finger sometimes got pulled out when Auusie are batting. Just because the Aussie fast bowlers are better doesn't mean they need bonus wickets.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Went for a half an hour meeting and back at my desk we are already 2 down. Story of the series so far.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm pretty sure that Erasmus really likes to finish things early. He didn't let the last over get bowled yesterday either. I also noticed him gunning batsmen regularly in the 4th innings before too. I think he likes his golf days.