• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
If we wanted a consistent spinner you'd pick Ajaz, he can put it on a dime, just spins it a bit less.

Somerville gets turn and bounce but does seem like he leaks runs sometimes. I think it was the SL warmups he was going at like 6 rpo, though my memory isn't great.

Flem274*

123/5
tastle seems a bit opposite to when he first came into the side. when he debuted i specifically remember us agreeing he was fine with his areas and his flight etc but needed to speed up a bit. was bowling high 70s. now he's fast and flat. he looks like a dude who has realised bowling fast leg breaks and wrong uns is great for nailing plunket shield batsmen lbw on the crease haha.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is Labuschagne a chance for most ever test runs in an Aussie summer?

Not as prestigious as 800+ in one series but he must surely be close to the summer record

Unless Punter did better maybe when we used to play 6 total against two nations

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both got them in the same two summers - 03/04 and 05/06. The former was Zimbabwe and India and the latter was the West Indies and South Africa plus the one off World XI match.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has all felt a tad inevitable today given the blokes missing from NZ’s side and the toss.

Surely there’s more to Southee’s omission than has been said? Unless he is hurt or crook he absolutely had to play this test with everyone else out.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
tastle seems a bit opposite to when he first came into the side. when he debuted i specifically remember us agreeing he was fine with his areas and his flight etc but needed to speed up a bit. was bowling high 70s. now he's fast and flat. he looks like a dude who has realised bowling fast leg breaks and wrong uns is great for nailing plunket shield batsmen lbw on the crease haha.
I am sure I remember him being all over the place in that debut test in Sri Lanka, but particularly bad with long hops.

Flem274*

123/5
good knock from smith. good scrap.

wagner is such a lone wolf in this test. the others are leaking runs like the boys didn't in the first 2 games.

Flem274*

123/5
nice ton. probably the most immediately impressive batsman i've ever seen for australia except for potentially warner.

first saw him in the ashes and thought he'd be annoying in the home summer. yep.

australia just keep pulling cricketers out of the hat.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Could end up loving NZ more than Voges. Voges averaged 99 against New Zealand with almost 600 runs and Marnus is currently averaging 95 with close to 400 runs.