• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Spark

Global Moderator
In fact browsing back to the tour threads at the time, I see Jord (i.e. Blocky) was around and prolific at the time. That certainly explains a lot of why I remember those threads being as strangely dire as they were.

EDIT: In particular, holy **** the 5 or so pages before the post of mine in Athlai's sig are a radioactive hellzone.

EDIT2: Although those threads did give us the unusual pleasure of a good ***** post.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't remember the name of that other bloke that appeared around the same time (Don't think it was Jord) who **** up just about every tour thread, but it seemed like the World Cup brought in a lot of short-term angry New Zealanders that continued up until McCullum's farewell.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, Fox Sports desperately talking NZ up to stop the punters from reaching for the remote.

"New Zealand, haven't they produced some fantastic cricketers over the years. Richard Hadlee! Sir. Richard Hadlee. And also, er...some others!"

"BJ Watling is the highest ranked keeper batsman in the world. No seriously, he's the best!"

Gnske

Haha, Fox Sports desperately talking NZ up to stop the punters from reaching for the remote.

"New Zealand, haven't they produced some fantastic cricketers over the years. Richard Hadlee! Sir. Richard Hadlee. And also, er...some others!"

"BJ Watling is the highest ranked keeper batsman in the world. No seriously, he's the best!"
For real? How hard is it to read NZ's last team sheet?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bad time to be swamped with work. Two Test matches that I'd very much like to watch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

It was a cringe opening but to be fair on that last point, Gilchrist didn't say anything about rankings. He just straight up said he was "the best, full stop." It came across pretty sincere to me from someone who probably keeps a close eye on keeper batsmen. I don't think Gilchrist would be all that comfortable calling the highest ranked batsman who happens to keep the best unless he believed it.

RossTaylorsBox

Love to scroll down Cricinfo's frontpage before seeing any coverage of this game, definitely not as interesting as some T20 and England's test squad.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
In fact browsing back to the tour threads at the time, I see Jord (i.e. Blocky) was around and prolific at the time. That certainly explains a lot of why I remember those threads being as strangely dire as they were.

EDIT: In particular, holy **** the 5 or so pages before the post of mine in Athlai's sig are a radioactive hellzone.
I think I’ve given up on this place twice for about six months each time, once due to Blocky and once due to Mr Miyagi ... dire pair.