• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm excited for this test. Should be a cracker. Will be good to finally get a look at Wagner in Aussie conditions.

Starfighter

I was going to say... is anyone just a little bit excited for this series? I dearly hope it isn't the let-down the last one was.

Gnske

It'll be just as depressing I predict. Wagner is the key for New Zealand, if it turns into a bat-off on sterile decks they ain't going to win unless the bowlers have the grit only Neil Wagner really has.

I can almost see right now Tim Southee and Lockie Ferguson bowling the lengths Tim Southee so enjoys.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The key for New Zealand is how quickly Henry is able to deliver the drinks at each hours break. His skill at wielding powerade is going to give us the edge we need to win

Gnske

Bet his throws of the Powerade bottles to the batsmen land on the half volley too.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
if ferguson plays I'm interested to see his plan to warner. His natural shape is away from the left hander so around the wicket will likely be on.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I was going to say... is anyone just a little bit excited for this series? I dearly hope it isn't the let-down the last one was.
I am. I was excited for the last series. Then day 1 destroye any excitement or optimism and it turned into "how good can we lose versus how bad"

I think on paper, we've got a better team choice this time and the line up is much more settled, and stronger. I honestly think Raval will do better than Guptill did - in that, I think he will be able to occupy the crease. Santner won't do worse than Craig, surely, and CdG has something about him that will see him do better than Neesham. Kane is Kane, Rosco is Rosco and they cashed in last tour. Latham should be improved. It will be interesting to see how Nicholls goes - I think he will be key, moreso than anyone else. Plus Watling is a rock. SO, the fact we haven't discarded Wagner is a great sign, as last time we basically had 3 new ball bowlers (and in the end, 4) playing with no one able to do anything once the ball got old. It will be the most telling aspect imho.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I also feel Watling may struggle here.

Raval I'm oddly quietly confident in. Ditto re: Nicholls.

NZTailender

I also feel Watling may struggle here.

Raval I'm oddly quietly confident in. Ditto re: Nicholls.
He did pretty poorly last tour, but did soak up a lot of deliveries. Always seemed to run out of time with the tail.

Hopefully with a stronger batting line up - and batting ahead of CdG and Santner might see him be a bit more successful this time.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've learned from the crushing disappointment of 2015, so I'm keeping excitement firmly in check... for now.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has it been mentioned just how little night cricket there will be.

Game starts at 1pm in Perth and the sun sets at 715pm. Thats halfway through the final session.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, apparently the TV networks didn't want the game to start any later because it would affect the ratings.

Howsie

International Captain
New Zealand are the better team (there I said it). Australia may just shade the bowling mostly due to having an actual spinner but New Zealand clearly have the better batting line up. If we adapt to the conditions, which this team has in most places there is no reason to think we can’t win.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand are the better team (there I said it). Australia may just shade the bowling mostly due to having an actual spinner but New Zealand clearly have the better batting line up. If we adapt to the conditions, which this team has in most places there is no reason to think we can’t win.
Cute

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see a bit of hubris from across the ditch I reckon. Seems like most of you raising the white flag already, but Howsie clearly believes.

Bring it on

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ's weakness in Australia is in the bowling, and we all know anything less than very good - excellent with the ball in Australia gets rekt by Australian batsman.

NZTailender

Australian bowling attack at home adds 10+ strength points because that's their special multiplier. We have to overcome Flat Pitch Highway card that they have as well as the -50 First Go skill Kane traded for +50 Battting skill