• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2009/10

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Glad to see Martin start well. Given that there is a very good chance that this will be his last home season, it'd be great if he could finish off in style.

Also nice to see de Boorder make some runs. I remember him being a real star for the U19's against India a few years back.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Grrr

Give Skippy the ball-Ravi's scared of Aussies. :p

McClenaghan or Sherlocks pace would have been useful in shutting him down actualy. They both have their flaws, but at least they could hit Ravi in the head.
Sherlock is in Auckland now FYI.

Flem274*

123/5
Moves around a fair bit doesn't he? Spose he decided he didn't want to play second fiddle to Mason, Thompson, McClenaghan, Diamanti, Hefford and co.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, another exciting day of watching the cricket scores tick over at work... for the morning at least.

So far De Boorder and Yovich both in the 80s - wonder if they'll score centuries. How typical is it that probably the first century or two of the season will be scored by guys batting at 7? :laugh:

Also, didn't realise both De Boorders were born in NZ - had just assumed they were part of the (more than welcome) Seth Afrikan cricketer invasion.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
And De Boorder gets his century. Phlegm I have to say CD's bowling attack doesn't look very penetrative with Mason and Thompson being only about 130 km/h each and both getting on a bit. Also Doug Bracewell has bowled 10 no balls :huh:

Howsie

International Captain
It's a shame Yovich isn't a tad younger tbh, reckon he'd of made a very handy international cricketer.

Athlai

Not Terrible
And De Boorder gets his century. Phlegm I have to say CD's bowling attack doesn't look very penetrative with Mason and Thompson being only about 130 km/h each and both getting on a bit. Also Doug Bracewell has bowled 10 no balls :huh:
CD has always had a pretty rubbish attack, good batting lineup though, this will probably end in a bore draw.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Will be very interested to see how Anaru Kitchen does this season. I'll be following the likes of him, Hiini (possible call up this summer, depending on how he does domestically), the de Boorders, Matt Harvie, Rob Nicol and Leighton Burtt with great interest.

Also hope the wunderkuds do well; Anderson, Williamson et al.

Howsie

International Captain
Will be very interested to see how Anaru Kitchen does this season. I'll be following the likes of him, Hiini (possible call up this summer, depending on how he does domestically), the de Boorders, Matt Harvie, Rob Nicol and Leighton Burtt with great interest.

Also hope the wunderkuds do well; Anderson, Williamson et al.
As will I. He did so well in his first season of domestic cricket, he kind of went unnoticed because of the likes of Williamson, Boult, Anderson ect though.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
As will I. He did so well in his first season of domestic cricket, he kind of went unnoticed because of the likes of Williamson, Boult, Anderson ect though.
Usually means a crap second season, in NZ domestic.

Where's Greg Hay?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
CD has always had a pretty rubbish attack, good batting lineup though, this will probably end in a bore draw.
Yep, certainly is strong. Innings just starting now and hope Jamie How does well. Anyone like him scores a few runs and the selectors could be tempted to pick them over McIntosh or Flynn for the Pakistan tests.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Otago are getting slaughtered here - ND almost have the 300 run lead up. Typical NZ lower order contributing most of the runs after ND were 195/7.

For Otago none of the fast bowlers (including Wagner) have the best figures, on the same pitch where Arnel took 6/18 the other day... also NZT, who is Matt Harvie? What does he bowl?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Where's Greg Hay?
Had a rubbish season last year, so presumably he hasn't done enough in club cricket to squeeze his way back into CD's impressive looking batting lineup. Still a bit surprised not to see him though, he came within a cat's whisker of making the national lineup only 18 months ago.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Otago are getting slaughtered here - ND almost have the 300 run lead up. Typical NZ lower order contributing most of the runs after ND were 195/7.

For Otago none of the fast bowlers (including Wagner) have the best figures, on the same pitch where Arnel took 6/18 the other day... also NZT, who is Matt Harvie? What does he bowl?
Medium pace outswingers. Nothing special.