• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I have also noticed, that it is a huge advantage to be in the same age bracket as a certain administrator's son. Even more than has been commented on before (by the NZ U19s actually playing some games in years between world cups).

But there is basically a defacto NZ U21 team (NZ Dev Squad) operating for the last 2 years now, as that previous U19 cohort move up the ages, playing the provincial A teams.
It's fishy as ****, isn't it? Like I'm not just saying that loosely on an internet page...I truly think it all looks dirty. Seldom ever seen nepotism the likes of it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Rutherford run out again. Mariu having a great game. What a dream debut season.
Hamish looks like he's batting in a Golden Oldies match, running like that. Can't help but think he's injured or just the body is packing up, because he's had a bludger of a season.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Ford Trophy final. On YouTube, with multiple camera angles. Uncertain if there's commentary as promised.
Thanks for pointing this out - and yes, there is commentary! I am not sure who the commentators are, but they have a Sports Roundup vibe and that is making me happy.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Ford Trophy final. On YouTube, with multiple camera angles. Uncertain if there's commentary as promised.
I assume we’re not getting Spark coverage because of the postponement. I was thinking about this and it must be the first time the domestic one day competition final hasn’t been televised since the 80s … and it could well be the first time ever?!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Both Ajaz and Lennox very tough to get away. Canterbury can't risk trying to force the pace any more either, as one more wicket and they're into the allrounders.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
When I first saw Clarkson bowl years ago he bowled lovely outswingers and looked like he had plenty of potential. Then he had several injuries and his medium pace became highly smashable cannon fodder for several seasons, when he was fit enough to bowl it. But kudos to him today, no great pace but bowling a great length with a little nip off the seam and very hard to score from.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Not first ever.

89/90 season was first time tvnz televised it.
Interesting. Just looking at it, I didn't realise it dated back to the start of the 70s, I thought it would have been early 80s. Thought TVNZ would have had it on throughout the 80s though. But first time I remember seeing it was 91/92 round robin games.