• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Jumping on Meridio's bandwagon for Blundell's batting, ftr. Some deft touches and decent light behind the eyes there.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
lol, was Devcich actually left out of the team? Current NZ international but can't make our team at the moment, decent depth I'd say.
Really unsure what part of this post to dislike the most.

That one ball captured by Kippax bowled by Millsy...wow. I am the biggest fan boy running around but that's a run out attempt, not a delivery.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Woeful Firebirds thrashed by CD | Stuff.co.nz

What might be more beneficial for the Firebirds is accepting they are a side with failings. To call CD's attack pop-gun would do a disservice to kids' toys, yet the Stags were still able to bowl Wellington out for 147 on a blameless Fitzherbert Park pitch.

"Tacky" and "holding" were among the words later used to describe it. But it looked a belter as CD raced to 150-2 in 23.3 overs, thanks in large part to Jamie How's 84 off 64 balls.
How's quickfire 84 seals deal | Stuff.co.nz

Rance took 2 for 18 and bowled with good pace.

Flem274*

123/5
I knew that would be written by Bidwell. The sulky **** has never given us an ounce of credit. Even described last years Shield winning team as a bunch of hard workers with no stars iirc.

God I'm glad we stuffed the ****s.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I knew that would be written by Bidwell. The sulky **** has never given us an ounce of credit. Even described last years Shield winning team as a bunch of hard workers with no stars iirc.

A domestic match were CD beats Wellington is cricket's equivalent of a monkey with a type writer producing the complete works of shakespeare. Yeah it's unlikely, but if you have enough of them then statistically speaking it's bound to happen eventually.

Flem274*

123/5
I count one Ingram domination and a swathe of Ryderings, so really it's been CD beating themselves all along bar the odd lucky game. May have even lost to Wellterbury this season. Can't remember if Papps tonned up or not.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
When did Ingram play?

We're trying to turn BJ Barnett and Younghusband against you atm; heady times for both organisations.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a fan of the new OD strips, what was wrong with the T20 kits?
Yeah they're darker and autumnal echoes of a drabber early 1990s New Zealand, which I actually think suits a 50-over comp in March. The 'coin or can' entry fee is also perfect.

Another thing they need is schoolgirls looking cute in little coats and scarves, going around selling packs of girl guide biscuits. Perhaps an elderly man in a backyard next to the ground, starting up his lawnmower or leaf blower.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah then the team would really Pop. Hopefully Jesse won't get thumped again and if he does that people come to his help instead of being Innocent Bystanders.
He needs to ignore the Ratbags on the Terrace at the ground and ensure he has a watertight Alibi.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Before I say the following, Bidwell is the pits. In bed with Siddons, picks easy targets when he does go off (as I think I detailed in an old Pollard story) and is a big fan of locking in Test results after day 1.

However, Rance/Kain/Matheison/KNB/Tarun counts as pop-gun. 5 international caps and not many more A caps between them, I'd struggle to think of an attack ever that had less.

Only serves to show how p-weak Wellington are.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha yeah thats a shocker of an attack. KNB is legitimately one of the better options.

That said Wellington can't bat. If Papps doesn't score runs and Franklin doesn't go into domestic basher mode, then we're going to get rolled.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Article - Auckland Cricket

The Auckland Aces will welcome back New Zealand Under 19 captain Robbie O'Donnell for their trip to Nelson to take on the Central Stags in the second round of the Ford Trophy tomorrow.

O'Donnell comes into the 12 fresh from the United Arab Emirates where the New Zealand side lost out to Bangladesh in the Plate final.

in other changes both Gareth Hopkins and Bruce Martin are unavailable, the latter through injury. Michael Bates will captain the side in Hopkins' absence and Craig Cachopa, who has recovered from the knock which forced him to retire hurt against the Knights, will don the wicket-keeping gloves.

Michael Bates (Captain) (Suburbs New Lynn)
Craig Cachopa (Takapuna)
Colin de Grandhomme (Howick Pakuranga)
Donovan Grobbelaar (Howick Pakuranga)
Martin Guptill (Suburbs New Lynn)
Anaru Kitchen (Waitakere City)
Kyle Mills (Howick Pakuranga)
Mitchell McClenaghan (Howick Pakuranga)
Colin Munro (Howick Pakuranga)
Robbie O'Donnell (Takapuna)
Jeet Raval (Suburbs New Lynn)
Bhupinder Singh (Papatoetoe)
Stags testing time - sport - nelson-mail | Stuff.co.nz

Captain Kieran Noema-Barnett is in some doubt as he struggles to overcome a niggling groin complaint, but still takes his place in an unchanged 12-man squad

THE TEAM Central Stags: Jamie How, Ben Smith, Greg Hay, Will Young, Kieran Noema-Barnett (captain), Kruger van Wyk, Tarun Nethula, Seth Rance, Andrew Mathieson, Dane Cleaver, Marty Kain, Bevan Small.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Volts to play Northern Knights

Otago Cricket today confirmed a squad of twelve players to travel to Hamilton and face the Northern Knights in the second round of the Ford Trophy.

There is one change to the team that opened the campaign with a win over Canterbury in Timaru, Neil Broom has been ruled out with a knee injury and has been replaced by Sam Wells, Wells has recovered from the shoulder injury that kept him out of the team’s final Plunket Shield match and opening Ford Trophy encounter.

Coach Vaughn Johnson is unable to travel. Vaughn is unwell to the point he cannot travel and his assistant, Nathan King, will take over the reins for this match. Media are requested to direct all questions to acting team coach, Nathan King or CEO Ross Dykes.

SBS Bank Otago Volts to play Northern Knights, Wednesday 5 March

Derek de Boorder (c)
Nick Beard
Michael Bracewell
Ryan ten Doeschate
Nathan McCullum
Jimmy Neesham
Aaron Redmond
Hamish Rutherford
Jesse Ryder
Bradley Scott
Neil Wagner
Sam Wells
The Tulsi Wellington Firebirds squad to play the Canterbury Wizards at Hagley Oval in Christchurch on Wednesday 5th March is:

James Franklin
Brent Arnel
Tom Blundell
Grant Elliott
Mark Gillespie
Andy McKay
Steve Murdoch
Michael Papps
Jeetan Patel
Luke Ronchi
Matt Taylor
Luke Woodcock

Matt Taylor is a late addition to the squad and has replaced Henry Walsh.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Two of those games will be played. Christchurch forecast says two points are coming Wellington's way.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway, good to see Tom Blundell make another century. I rate his batting ftr, he's a bit different to your typical NZ batsman in that he moves his feet well. Very quick to come down the pitch to the spinners, and plays well off the back foot too (strong on the pull shot in particular IIRC). I do wonder though how much if any influence Siddons will have on that methodology, given it's pretty much the polar opposite of what he coaches.

Flem274*

123/5
Before I say the following, Bidwell is the pits. In bed with Siddons, picks easy targets when he does go off (as I think I detailed in an old Pollard story) and is a big fan of locking in Test results after day 1.

However, Rance/Kain/Matheison/KNB/Tarun counts as pop-gun. 5 international caps and not many more A caps between them, I'd struggle to think of an attack ever that had less.

Only serves to show how p-weak Wellington are.
Yeah it was defo a gentle attack (I rubbed it in a bit on the other page) but trust the **** to find any excuse to put the boot into CD when we just dicked his team. If he wasn't known for being such a **** towards us I wouldn't care, but I had to roll my eyes when I saw him write that considering his history.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Pleased to see Taylor in the Wellington squad, but not at the expense of Walsh. I take it he must be injured/unwell - I was hoping they would be introducing more new guys for this competition.