• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Full strength teams for both sides...I spoke to Cumming and van Wyk last night, they don't have any injury concerns.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I noticed Barrington Rowland has been playing for Auckland 'A' recently...there seems to be a number of overseas players floating around club cricket around the country at the moment.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope, Otago will have the McCullum brothers, Neil Broom and Ian Butler back for the match.

If Otago don't win, i'd be very surprised. Let's face it, if NZ are allowed a side in to the Champions League..Canterbury wouldn't be able to take Shane Bond and he's pretty much the main reason they've reached the final..even though i'm a Cantabrian, I think it's probably best if Otago take this out.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I thought this game started at 2.30pm? It doesnt seem to be on sky at all anymore :blink:
Probably been rained off. The weather forecast for Dunedin was not good, and even if it isn't raining, we all remember how bad the University Oval's drainage is.

Polo23

International Debutant
Probably been rained off. The weather forecast for Dunedin was not good, and even if it isn't raining, we all remember how bad the University Oval's drainage is.
Weather in Dunedin is supposed to be ok.

It didnt rain that much in the South did it?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, considering how awful the drainage was at University Oval for the Black Caps/West Indies test, it's not looking positive.

The word is, the earliest it will start is 4.30 with the latest being 6.10

Polo23

International Debutant
Yeah at 6.10, a 10 over game would take place (if possible). I think 4.30 is the cut off to play a full 40 over game.
A Five5 would be bloody hilarious...absolutely ridiculously stupid of course...but pretty funny.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
He said he wished it was played it Canterbury, not that it should have been.
No kidding. I don't recall suggesting that he said it should have been. Maybe you should concentrate on your own posts rather than others.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hoping it's abandoned tbh, a 5 over game would be a total joke & far too much of a lottery. Would much rather Otago players make the IPL tournament