• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
What did you have in mind when you started the season?
Low to mid 20s in the wickets column by now, although it is a bit hard to grab any wickets for yourself when you've got Michael Bates and Daryl Tuffey opening the bowling!

But yea, I hoped/expected to be right up around the leading wicket takers.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Well one of the top run scorers and a handy amount of wickets is still a hell of a showing!
Yea but I'm not going to get a shot at 1st class cricket this season if I'm a batsman who can bowl a bit. Hitchcock, Croft (don't get me started) and De Grandhomme already fill that exact role. My only chance was as a good 1st change bowler who's also a handy middle order batsman. I'm not putting up the numbers in club cricket this year to do that.

Oh well, I suppose there's always hope.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Where are you on the list Jimmy? I had a look but I don't know your name and couldn't see Jimmy anywhere. Lol

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hmm, I'd be lieing if I said that watching Bracewell and Boam playing first class cricket hasn't made me consider the sunny life in Napier (or wherever) a few times this season!:laugh:
Yeah but there's always next season.

Canterbury could use some decent players too.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Whoa. That's impressive Man. 50 with the bat and 20 with the ball? Only thing better would be a bit better stats with the ball but that is still Damn impressive

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Yeah but there's always next season.
Yea exactly. Youngy seems like he's been around forever and he was older than I am when he debuted.

At the moment I'm just sort of concentrating on getting some good club stats up my sleeve, then head overseas during the winter for some more cricket. Then hopefully I'll be in major contention at the start of this season. There've been whispers that I might have a chance for the T20s later on, I guess I'll just have to wait and see though.:dry:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yea exactly. Youngy seems like he's been around forever and he was older than I am when he debuted.

At the moment I'm just sort of concentrating on getting some good club stats up my sleeve, then head overseas during the winter for some more cricket. Then hopefully I'll be in major contention at the start of this season. There've been whispers that I might have a chance for the T20s later on, I guess I'll just have to wait and see though.:dry:
Where will you head for the Winter?

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Tuffey gets Bell for a duck. You beauty!

Edit: And Parlane for a duck! What a player.

Last edited: