• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Teja.

Global Moderator
Looks like the Wolves are ****ed. If Dallas gets through, for the 1st time in a long time, I’ll be rooting for a team from the East to win the Finals…sorry @Teja. I like Luka but just despise Irving, can’t shake it.
If you despise Irving for political reasons, Let me introduce you to Jaylen Brown lol.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Posted this prediction about Mavs-Wolves on whatsapp to @OverratedSanity and elsewhere before the series. Pretty pleased to get this right. :wub:

"They are a great team, best defence in the league but I lean Dallas.

Denver took them to 7 without a bench and with only 2-3 starters showing up every game. I know that Dlive, PJ and DJJ will be far more consistent defensively than what Denver threw at them and their offence was still so stagnant Vs Denver, they struggle to crack 100 points without Ant playing far above his level for a couple of games.

With no Bruce Brown, Denver only had a single ball handler in Murray which they could hunt as a pack from the baseline. We have Luka, Kai and even PJ can do a decent job advancing the ball. If they bumrush double triple team Luka at the half court or play drop too deep, it’s going to be $$$ for us with open threes or lobs galore.

We have a massive offensive talent advantage and Rudy is historically food for PNR action. KAT might be great for stopping Jokic but our offence doesn’t run through a big.

They were a team built to beat Denver not us.

They are an elite defence though and Ant has a size mismatch if we put DJJ on him, as good as DJJ is. As we can see from his inconsistent nights though, I don’t believe Ant is a legit super efficient jump shooter when he had the second least efficient mid range shot in the league in the regular season. As long as we can keep him out of the paint, I’m willing to die on his shooting.

Overall, I just don’t trust Gobert. I don’t trust KAT. I don’t trust Ant to be ****in Ray Allen. I don’t trust their other guys to put up enough buckets.

I call 4-2 to the Mavs."

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
If you despise Irving for political reasons, Let me introduce you to Jaylen Brown lol.
It's not just politics, he is a ****ing moron who happens to be an excellent basketball player. What did Brown say/do...I probably missed it.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Posted this prediction about Mavs-Wolves on whatsapp to @OverratedSanity and elsewhere before the series. Pretty pleased to get this right. :wub:

"They are a great team, best defence in the league but I lean Dallas.

Denver took them to 7 without a bench and with only 2-3 starters showing up every game. I know that Dlive, PJ and DJJ will be far more consistent defensively than what Denver threw at them and their offence was still so stagnant Vs Denver, they struggle to crack 100 points without Ant playing far above his level for a couple of games.

With no Bruce Brown, Denver only had a single ball handler in Murray which they could hunt as a pack from the baseline. We have Luka, Kai and even PJ can do a decent job advancing the ball. If they bumrush double triple team Luka at the half court or play drop too deep, it’s going to be $$$ for us with open threes or lobs galore.

We have a massive offensive talent advantage and Rudy is historically food for PNR action. KAT might be great for stopping Jokic but our offence doesn’t run through a big.

They were a team built to beat Denver not us.

They are an elite defence though and Ant has a size mismatch if we put DJJ on him, as good as DJJ is. As we can see from his inconsistent nights though, I don’t believe Ant is a legit super efficient jump shooter when he had the second least efficient mid range shot in the league in the regular season. As long as we can keep him out of the paint, I’m willing to die on his shooting.

Overall, I just don’t trust Gobert. I don’t trust KAT. I don’t trust Ant to be ****in Ray Allen. I don’t trust their other guys to put up enough buckets.

I call 4-2 to the Mavs."
Minnesota to win in 7

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not just politics, he is a ****ing moron who happens to be an excellent basketball player. What did Brown say/do...I probably missed it.
He's making a real effort to be legitimately woke, and once or twice got caught up in some antisemitic rubbish while hanging out with BLM types