• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Ali TT

International Debutant
The raw stats make it look like Jokic had a great game but Denver’s offence was so clamped when Jokic was on the court and they were forcing the offence through him in the first half.

He was -11 in a 3 point game with 5 turnovers while being in the -17 to -20 range until the last minute come back attempt. He’s normally a +8 to +10 so that’s at least a -20 point deficit on the Jokic minutes. He at least played more like a PF in the second half instead of forcing the playmaking which reduced the bleeding from his minutes.

Denver need to make a choice to either decisively run through Murray from the first quarter or have a concrete plan against Miami’s defence clamping Jokic’s playmaking.

Both Jokic and Murray looked shook and had a rough time adjusting to being forced to play new roles by Miami when on the court together in the first half which led to multiple players committing turnovers. The game was close due to the incredible run they went on in the non-Jokic minutes in the second quarter. That was the only stretch that Denver was not either exchanging buckets or getting out hustled.
Not sure Denver's offense through Jokic was the issue, but they had a challenge at the other end. Miami ran their O with Bam at the top of the key holding on to the ball while the other four guys set up the play. He can do that because Denver have to respect his mistake game which has worked well in both matches so far. If Miami's role players can hit their 3s as they did last night but not in game one they'll always have a chance.
Stop quoting that guy
*Stop* quoting that guy

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Miami's role players can hit their 3s as they did last night but not in game one they'll always have a chance.
Like, you guys won't shoot as poorly as Game 1 but I don't expect hitting 17 3s at 49% or whatever insane number you guys did last night. More likely somewhere in the middle I think (or at least I hope)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is basically the sh*tfights that are going on in the Nuggetsphere. Some fans be like 'that was a fluke from Miami it ain't happening again' versus 'nah they've done it all playoffs we need to prioritise this'

Once again, I think the answer is somewhere in the middle

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure Denver's offense through Jokic was the issue, but they had a challenge at the other end. Miami ran their O with Bam at the top of the key holding on to the ball while the other four guys set up the play. He can do that because Denver have to respect his mistake game which has worked well in both matches so far. If Miami's role players can hit their 3s as they did last night but not in game one they'll always have a chance.
*Stop* quoting that guy
Yeah that was my main takeaway from game 2 as well, Bam's passing to Miami's shooters and his ability to find them when they cut really caused Denver issues. They should absolutely just let him take mid rangers, he's fine at them but he's no kevin durant.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Like, you guys won't shoot as poorly as Game 1 but I don't expect hitting 17 3s at 49% or whatever insane number you guys did last night. More likely somewhere in the middle I think (or at least I hope)
It wouldn't have taken a mega-shooting game in game 1 for the Heats to have won, just 4 more shots. Martin and Strus had lots of wide open looks but stunk the place up. If the Heat continue to generate the open 3s they have been so far, chances are they have more games shooting at close to 50%. Denver need to work on their switches on D.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
It wouldn't have taken a mega-shooting game in game 1 for the Heats to have won, just 4 more shots. Martin and Strus had lots of wide open looks but stunk the place up. If the Heat continue to generate the open 3s they have been so far, chances are they have more games shooting at close to 50%. Denver need to work on their switches on D.
Miami's 3pt gunners are mad streaky though. Last season they were an elite 3pt shooting team, then for the first half of the regular season they were bottom of the barrel in 3pt percentage and outside the play in, then they clicked and they have rallied all the way to the finals on strong 3pt shooting.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Miami's 3pt gunners are mad streaky though. Last season they were an elite 3pt shooting team, then for the first half of the regular season they were bottom of the barrel in 3pt percentage and outside the play in, then they clicked and they have rallied all the way to the finals on strong 3pt shooting.
That's the thing apart from the Warriors, Rockets for a while with Harden, there haven't been many teams who can consistently win by the 3 as it's still a lower percentage option and prone to streakiness. However, Heat been getting some very good looks so far this series. Nuggets need to contest more.