• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I never got the Lakers hate...feels more like a fad to me than anything...what did Miami do to you though? Is it because they whupped the Celtics? :)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I never got the Lakers hate...feels more like a fad to me than anything...what did Miami do to you though? Is it because they whupped the Celtics? :)
Disliking the Lakers is part of being a Celtics fan as much as Manure and Liverpool fans just naturally hate each other. Miami have Pat Riley, who was part of Lakers culture, and also it pisses me off how much NBA Africa uses FB as a recruiting tool for the Heat specifically and not the NBA as a whole.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The Lakers are the Manchester United of basketball. Unless you're a fan you hate them.
yeah that's what i meant about it being a fad...

You never got the Lakers hate?
no i always liked them...i actually have liked a lot of the celtics teams as well over the years...but being a denizen of the west, i almost always root for the west team in the finals...think the only recent exception was when dallas played the heat in 2011...the only team i have actively disliked are the knicks...and that's more because of dolan than anything else...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Disliking the Lakers is part of being a Celtics fan as much as Manure and Liverpool fans just naturally hate each other. Miami have Pat Riley, who was part of Lakers culture, and also it pisses me off how much NBA Africa uses FB as a recruiting tool for the Heat specifically and not the NBA as a whole.
yeah makes sense as a die-hard celtics fan...the lakers are your natural rivals, like pakistan and india, australia and england...maybe if i lived in california, i would have the same strong feelings towards the celtics...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Wait, that mavs team was the one west team you didn't root for? Bruh
yeah that result has always struck me as a huge anomaly...although i wasn't much of a fan of james or bosh at the time, i have always been a big-time wade fan...also i just really disliked (and still do) mark cuban...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i don't want them to win but the way butler and the heat are fighting out there is pretty admirable...