• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cavs are 2.12 vs Celts 1.74 for game 7. I want Boston to win but I was expecting it to be almost 50-50.

That was just an amazing performance today from Bron.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Warriors run was always coming. Game 7 should b awesome. Still picking the Warriors, especially if CP3 isn't 100% which h probably won't be.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Do you live in an alternate fantasy world where games are 24mins long?
no, one quarter is 12 minutes man...:D, it is a defense mechanism that is supposed to absorb the impact when my favorite teams lose (unfortunately it doesn't really help) but the pessimism, the fatalism comes naturally to me for some reason...

anyway, why can't these guys play like this or close to this for all 4 quarters? this would have been over in 4 ****ing games...as good as houston are, the warriors are so much better at their best...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
This Warriors team is probably the best team in history at going on a 20-5 (or something similar) run as well.
for me the spurs pioneered this approach in 2014 (unselfish team-first play, fantastic perimeter shooting and lock-down defense), showcased by their destruction of a superstar-laden heat in the finals...the warriors then refined and took it to a whole new level...and then they acquired durant while keeping all their key pieces...having said all that, do you have any theories as to why they have been so inconsistent this season...steve kerr says he has no idea? you would think given the stakes they would play in a similar vein in game 7 and canter home but who knows which golden state will show up?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Their players are aging out of their athletic primes. Curry can't get the separation he once could, and speaking as someone who's had a litany of similar ankle injuries to him, I can tell you that every step is painful so I don't blame him. Draymond has had a dramatic drop-off on offence and even his defence was bad at times this year. Klay has been noticeably worse on both ends this year. They still have the highest of highs in them, like their patented 3rd quarter explosions, but their lows are much lower now than they were a few years back. Plus their "key" bench acquisitions like Nick Young have been bad and mostly unplayable, which is harder to hide with the roster getting thinner every year.

These four guys have played like 380 games each in 4 years? For anyone other than the cyborg LBJ that takes its toll I guess.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best thing to happen for basketball social media would be for Cavs to win as world would explode if LeBron wins

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Their players are aging out of their athletic primes. Curry can't get the separation he once could, and speaking as someone who's had a litany of similar ankle injuries to him, I can tell you that every step is painful so I don't blame him. Draymond has had a dramatic drop-off on offence and even his defence was bad at times this year. Klay has been noticeably worse on both ends this year. They still have the highest of highs in them, like their patented 3rd quarter explosions, but their lows are much lower now than they were a few years back. Plus their "key" bench acquisitions like Nick Young have been bad and mostly unplayable, which is harder to hide with the roster getting thinner every year.

These four guys have played like 380 games each in 4 years? For anyone other than the cyborg LBJ that takes its toll I guess.
yeah that makes a lot of sense...and yes it wouldn't be totally surprising if it turned out lebron was at least part machine...:D

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has been a tight Game 7, but it looks like Cleveland are pulling away now.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Boston really lost the plot several times in the second half. Great effort though overall. This is team could be amazing at full strength.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the guy (i mean james) is just incredible...but boston at full strength will be a sight to behold...could be a contender for years to come if they can keep their core pieces together...