• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Really like the PJ Tucker addition for Toronto. They're much better equipped to guard Cleveland now in a series. OKC did well too, Taj and Dougy McBuckets help them in areas they direly needed help.

Philly tho, wow. How many first rounders do you need haha.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I would love for Andrew Bogut to somehow end up a Celtic this season. The extra rebounding, interior D, screens and passing would really be a boon for the Celtics.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
why did the mavs waive deron williams? he is still a pretty good player, isn't he? he is going to the cavs as a backup point guard, it will be a huge upgrade for them at that position, i would think...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Kawhi is the best two way player in the NBA right now...in my opinion he should be no: 1 on the MVP list but most likely one of the flashier players like Harden or Westbrook will win this year...Harden has the best chance given where the Rockets are at...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, and it looks like Houston-OKC in round 1 of the playoffs could happen. The Western Conference is such mine field this year

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the clippers are looking pretty fragile right now...houston will finish at no: 3 but okc is at 5 now and can go all the way to 4 if the thunder stay healthy for the rest of the regular season...assuming golden state finishes first, except for warriors vs nuggets/blazers, all other matchups look pretty tough...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
the clippers are looking pretty fragile right now...houston will finish at no: 3 but okc is at 5 now and can go all the way to 4 if the thunder stay healthy for the rest of the regular season...assuming golden state finishes first, except for warriors vs nuggets/blazers, all other matchups look pretty tough...
You are forgetting Utah. They look like legit 4th seed material

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
sure, i meant utah is not far ahead of okc right now and they can potentially catch up with a solid run to end the regular season...right now, memphis, lac, utah and okc are all kind of bunched together...and it is either denver or portland in the 8th spot...all we know is the current top 3 are going to stay the top 3...everything else is too close to call...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
for now...in any case, it doesn't matter all that much from an eastern conference perspective unless you think they can beat a healthy cavs team in a 7 game series...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
for now...in any case, it doesn't matter all that much from an eastern conference perspective unless you think they can beat a healthy cavs team in a 7 game series...
Not sure the Cavs are gonna be healthy, but I'm still skeptical about anyone beating Lebron in the ECF until it happens.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah agreed...he is the difference maker and it is a pretty big difference, that...a full-strength warriors and maybe the spurs can stay with him...but there is no one else in either conference who can beat him...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
what does everyone think about mcgrady getting into the h.o.f? do you think he belongs there?

he was a fantastic offensive presence in his prime and he was certainly unlucky to not ever be on a sure-fire contender...but i just don't think he accomplished enough (or anything really outside of the regular season) to get into the hall of fame...