• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
He's not resigning anyway so they'll take whatever they can get for his expiring. This is Reinsdorf here, he wouldn't even spend much over the cap for Michael ****ing Jordan.
Yeah I think that's where I was going with my post. That is the situation we'll be in rather than actually getting something good back. I really think our trade window was last year for him after he had gotten his stock up by being named in his 2nd ASG.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
My knicks are better than I thought. Once this Bargnani experiment ends, we can bring in someone like Jason Collins who will do the Six-Fouls-And-Rest-Tyson job more effectively. The knicks need some depth with their bigs so that they don't have to play atrocious lineups in the third quarter, but for the most part, I like this team to finish in the top half of the eastern conference.

Your bulls do not look great given expectations. DRose looks like a shell of himself and I don't see any improvement in his other skills aside from driving and finishing at the rim. Still not that good of a passer aside from flashy jump bounce passes. Still no reliable jumpshot. And I saw him wincing way too much in that second half. I actually think the Bulls can figure out how to score if they move the ball nicely. With DRose back though, it tends to stick too much

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
If Bargs can be a consistent threat and help spread the floor why would you want him gone? Perhaps give this lineup time to see how he can help?

Your bulls do not look great given expectations. DRose looks like a shell of himself and I don't see any improvement in his other skills aside from driving and finishing at the rim. Still not that good of a passer aside from flashy jump bounce passes. Still no reliable jumpshot. And I saw him wincing way too much in that second half. I actually think the Bulls can figure out how to score if they move the ball nicely. With DRose back though, it tends to stick too much
"Shell of himself" seems like a fair assessment after 2 NBA games in 18 months. Well done.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
After he just hit a game winning floater over three guys haha. Any Knicks fans thinking they'll finish top 4 are delusional imo.
Most people including myself, have them projected at 5. 4 isn't totally off if injuries plague one of the upper half teams, but yes, there are more downside risks with this Knick team for sure.

And probably unlike you, I watched most of the game, and will not cast judgment based on one play. He did well and bailed himself out of any media-hating, but for the way Rose talked his game up before the season, I was thoroughly disappointed.

Last edited:

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
If Bargs can be a consistent threat and help spread the floor why would you want him gone? Perhaps give this lineup time to see how he can help?

"Shell of himself" seems like a fair assessment after 2 NBA games in 18 months. Well done.
Because Bargnani can't be a consistent threat. Mediocre passer with tunnel court-vision, mediocre handle, has struggled to score consistently from three even as a spot-up shooter, and he's an all-time bad defender. The knicks already have two defensive liabilities in Melo and Stat. A third is just crazy. Maybe the knicks will turn around Bargnani and get the most out of him, but he shouldn't be given a lot of minutes right now. Ease him in as he learns to play a little team defense.

Shell of himself was harsh on my part, but I was expecting to see some growth in DRose's game given how he talked up his jumpshot and basketball iq.

Last edited:

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
So tell me how you liked DRose tonight?

Aside from saying he was a "shell of himself", which was too harsh, I stand by what I said from what I saw of him vs. the knicks. Same kind of game tonight. Hopefully it gets better though, not trying to hate on him, just a little skeptical.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So tell me how you liked DRose tonight?

Aside from saying he was a "shell of himself", which was too harsh, I stand by what I said from what I saw of him vs. the knicks. Same kind of game tonight. Hopefully it gets better though, not trying to hate on him, just a little skeptical.
Point is, it's the beginning of a very long season that he started playing after 18 months of down time. I'm giving him around 15 games in total before he'll be able to play the way he's going to play, before that it is pointless to judge his game unless you work for ESPN and are paid good money to talk out of your ass.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Also, this:

Are you not a Lebron hater and/or Cs fan? If you're either, that must be a hard life now
Someone who still thinks Lebron is a wanker is probably bitter. And if you really feel the need to sound sour when I post a link to the Grantland previews, you're probably bitter.
And probably unlike you, I watched most of the game, and will not cast judgment based on one play.
This type of posting is not needed. You're talking to guys who between them watch something like 500 games a season ffs.

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah my biggest issue this summer is that I've got an internship which is full time, so I'll probably only watch 10 or so games a week.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Point is, it's the beginning of a very long season that he started playing after 18 months of down time. I'm giving him around 15 games in total before he'll be able to play the way he's going to play, before that it is pointless to judge his game unless you work for ESPN and are paid good money to talk out of your ass.
I don't disagree with any of that. I'm not trying to cast doubt on his entire season, just haven't been highly disappointed by what I've seen, both in terms of the development of his skills and his decisionmaking. I think Rose has pretty much said roughly the equivalent.

Last edited:

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Also, this:

This type of posting is not needed. You're talking to guys who between them watch something like 500 games a season ffs.
The first two were meant to be nothing more than banter. Obviously I don't fit here.
The third was admittedly quite wanker-ific on my part, though phrased better, was meant to convey that Rose's game was really disappointing, despite hitting the game-winner, and much of that same kind of play was seen in the subsequent game; so I don't think my observations were totally off-base but maybe so.
And yes, I'm a bitter, delusional knicks fan in addition to general NBA fan that's hoping Woodson stops with the Bargnani experiment and goes back to playing smaller lineups, which is where the Knicks clearly excel.

500 games? Cool. Glad you guys are huge NBA fans too. Shame, that it seems I can't seem to get along here. I won't cause any more trouble. Enjoy the season. Looks like it's going to be a great one.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Some serious woe is me there.

I don't have any problem with you. I just disagreed with your statement on Rose, and commented on the poor timing of it. I didn't say he was good the whole game or even half as good as he was in his MVP season. He's not played an NBA minute for 18 months, he's going to take a long while to get back to game pace. Pre-season is garbage minutes and shouldn't be considered. You can see it's coming back with some of his plays, his layups are just as explosive as they once were and his handle is still the same. The jumper will come, it was never great but it takes time to find your jumper under pressure.

Riggins

International Captain
It ****s me to no end when teams at the end of games let people dribble out 10+ seconds before fouling. Either foul straight away or not at all, it shouldn't be that hard to understand.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That was an incredible finish, can't believe Wade missed both free throws to even give Celtics a chance.

BTW, I can't believe Michael Carter-Williams was only 11th pick. Former Aussie coach Brett Brown clearly the reason behind his excellent form. I'm really enjoying the type of basketball that Kevin Love and his Timberwolves are playing so far.