• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
you can do a lot better than bill and jalen.
I pity you if you don't realize how awesome Bill and Jalen are. Only EJ and the Chuckster are better

The previews are meant to be fun more than insightful ,though [the greatest basketball writer] Zach Lowe's questions usually get them thinking along the right lines

Now after seeing your avatar, it all makes sense :)

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
I don't see what thinking LeBron is a wanker has to do with Bill and Jalen's 'analysis' being the best thing on the internet.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't see what thinking LeBron is a wanker has to do with Bill and Jalen's 'analysis' being the best thing on the internet.
Someone who still thinks Lebron is a wanker is probably bitter. And if you really feel the need to sound sour when I post a link to the Grantland previews, you're probably bitter.

And btw, no one watches Bill and Jalen for analysis; it's for the pop culture references, the NBA anecdotes, lampooning of crappy GMs, and that general thing that's called fun. If I want NBA analysis, I'll read Zach Lowe's columns and Bob Voulgaris' twitter feed

Riggins

International Captain
Bogut and Warriors with a 3 year - 36 million extension. Really interesting*.

*In terms of basketball, if you're into that sort of thing.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
GSW is taking on more risk than they should but it's not an atrocious contract and without Bogut, their defense would be a joke. If he stays healthy, he'll earn every dime.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
How's about tick Knee Jerk trade for Gortat by the Wizards? They must really miss being in the playoffs.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
How's about tick Knee Jerk trade for Gortat by the Wizards? They must really miss being in the playoffs.
They'll be the most entertaining team in league history to miss the playoffs. Or a nice warmup for the Heat/Bulls/Pacers.

I don't see how they can play Gortat and Nene together...in which case he's definitely not worth a 1st round draft pick. The Suns are so stacked going in to next year's draft

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Bad start for the Bulls. I think its been the case every year since Thibs took over that our perimeter D and ability to play defense without fouling is terrible at the start of every season. I'm not worried about that, it'll get better with time as with Rose's game once he shakes off the rust. This game did highlight our inability to create offense when up against a formidable defense and our lack of shotmakers outside of Rose and sometimes Boozer. Carlos had a great game, which he always does when he decides to play aggressively. Deng was Deng, no more, no less. Jimmy... oh Jimmy. I love Jimmy. A backcourt of Rose and Butler is mouthwateringly fun to watch. Can't wait to see them mesh. Our bench looks worse than I though it would, really making me yearn for the bench mob (replace Watson with Hinrich, oh yeah). These guys need to play a few proper NBA games. I'm hoping for a big year for Taj, not off to a great start.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He's not resigning anyway so they'll take whatever they can get for his expiring. This is Reinsdorf here, he wouldn't even spend much over the cap for Michael ****ing Jordan.