• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NatWest Challenge Thread

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
I don't intend to say this because I am an Indian supporter but I think Sehwag is slightly more talented than Trescothick. Surely, at the moment, he is not playing well and maybe, even dropping him for a few games is not a bad idea but overall, I think he will come back as a better player and will score more runs for India. He seemed to have let his success get to his head during the break and he certainly was playing like a millionaire at the Asia Cup, but I just hope for India's sake that things turn around soon for him.
maybe he is more talented than trescothick, but the point that im making is not that he should be dropped just yet, but that both of them are extremely overrated. sehwag will have many more good days in his career(more likely against the poorer attacks and with more dropped catches), but they will be amongst many bad days after which just like with trescothick there will be many people asking for the chop.

tooextracool

International Coach
Arjun said:
If yo udrop Sehwag, can you find even one player who can hit the big shots with such regularity and take the attack to the opposition with such intensity to replace him? Not Sachin, Laxman and Dravid- they have to bat through the innings. Not Ganguly- he's not that convincing these days, and not against pace. Same for Yuvraj against spin. That leaves Dinesh Karthik, of whom we have seen little, and Irfan Pathan, who can't do far worse than Sehwag at present, but he too is out of form, and now gets runs through singles. It's easy to call for a drop, but can you find a replacement who can do the saem, exactly as well?
and you must realise that one day cricket is not just about slogging everything out of the park without using a single brain cell in your head.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I watched the his innings Marc, I was not critising nor praising, just making a general comment.
You made a veiled criticism that is baseless as his method of batting has changed.

Craig

World Traveller
I was saying that he was batting how he usually doesn't bat.

How is that critising him?

I typed it, chances are I will know if I intended to have a go at Flintoff, which I would have done a much better job.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
By saying that "he was batting how he usually doesn't bat" you were having a go at him for always batting too aggressively.

However what you have failed to recognise is that Flintoff nowadays doesn't go out and try to hit everything out of the park - he can adjust to the situation, so that innings was not out of character as you reckon.