• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Match #9- India vs Afghanistan, October 11th, Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Siraj is ideal on wickets with assistance but on flat decks he is truly cannon fodder because he keeps bowling length balls

Ahmedabad is expected to be flat too and Siraj has been very expensive in back to back games.. 3rd ODI vs Aus and today. I think he should be switched with Shami next game.
I agree. But knowing this management/captain/coach Shami will continue to warm the bench.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Why are indian fans so pessimistic, lol. You have bumrah, who's arguably the best white ball bowlers in the world and can bowl well at all stages, one of the best pp bowlers in the world in siraj and shami, who has one of the lowest SR'S in modern odi cricket. Ide honestly argue shami+bumrah+siraj>Starc+Haze+Cummins in this format (even if getting all 3 of the Indian guys into the same lineup is harder cause none of them can really bat.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Why are indian fans so pessimistic, lol. You have bumrah, who's arguably the best white ball bowlers in the world and can bowl well at all stages, one of the best pp bowlers in the world in siraj and shami, who has one of the lowest SR'S in modern odi cricket. Ide honestly argue shami+bumrah+siraj>Starc+Haze+Cummins in this format (even if getting all 3 of the Indian guys into the same lineup is harder cause none of them can really bat.
1 bad day for Siraj and they all forget that he was the best Indian bowler in odis for close to 2 years now

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He will do better under lights too, which is a huge plus coz dew will continue to be an issue. Siraj can get us 2-3 wickets before the dew sets in by himself. Unless he is tired or something, I wont be replacing him that easily.

Its also easily forgotten what a huge difference bowling with the new ball does in ODI cricket, esp. in India and esp. in day/night games.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Afghanistan about 100 short on this pitch tbh. Not really in the contest bowling like this.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Yeah. I was hoping they would give Arshdeep opportunities to develop but they didn't pick him at all in 50 over format. Bhuvi is dumped for good. Chahar is never fit. We have what we have.
Arshdeep lost it even in T20, couldn't control the no balls. He needs to go back to school cricket and learn how to keep the foot behind the line.