• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #29 - India vs England- October 29th - Lucknow (D/N)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I had this circled in my mind pre-tournament as potentially the biggest match for India.

If India win this, they basically guarantee themselves a semi spot so hopefully they don't take it easy. On the other hand, if Pandya needs more time to recover, I would rest him for another couple games until next week.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
England has very little to lose at this point and will be a dangerous opponent if they just free-wheel it…they are quite capable of beating us, really hoping the team doesn’t come in complacent.

srbhkshk

International Captain
If India win this, they basically guarantee themselves a semi spot so hopefully they don't take it easy. On the other hand, if Pandya needs more time to recover, I would rest him for another couple games until next week.
Already is pretty much guaranteed.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Already is pretty much guaranteed.
Pretty much guaranteed is how I've lost a lot of money over the years. There's the grand canyon between 'pretty much guaranteed' and 'guaranteed'.

At 12 points, India just need one more result in another match to go their way and they should be in prior to their next match.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Pretty much guaranteed is how I've lost a lot of money over the years. There's the grand canyon between 'pretty much guaranteed' and 'guaranteed'.

At 12 points, India just need one more result in another match to go their way and they should be in prior to their next match.
Yeah, but it's really not a grand canyon in this instance.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Not taking this as a given, England have nothing to lose, but yes if we lose to England given all we have seen it would be a shocking result

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cbf to think about what team i would pick but I’d play Brook, Atkinson and Carse

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Cbf to think about what team i would pick but I’d play Brook, Atkinson and Carse
Malan, Stokes, Root, Brook, Buttler, Livingstone, Ali, Carse, Atkinson, Rashid, couldn't care less about the third seamer....or the game tbh

loterry1994

International Debutant
Honestly I’d bring all the new guys and give them a go. Half this team won’t even make the next World Cup anyway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Honestly I’d bring all the new guys and give them a go. Half this team won’t even make the next World Cup anyway.
More than half I’d say

Outside chance Root is still there. Maybe Jos. Of the rest of the over 30s there’s only Livingstone who I would say is even possible.