• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #25- England vs Sri Lanka- October 26th-Bengaluru(D/N)#BottomDwellers

loterry1994

International Debutant
Think Sri Lanka has the worse bowling line up this tournament. If England get stomped here half of them might as well retire from the format,’

Sunil1z

International Regular
Srilanka must bowl first for this match to be competitive. I don’t back their bowlers to defend even 375

loterry1994

International Debutant
Srilanka must bowl first for this match to be competitive. I don’t back their bowlers to defend even 375
I think it’s the other way around and they have to bat first and put on at least a 290-300 total. And have scoreboard pressure that will give their bowlers a little more confidence

loterry1994

International Debutant
Like against Pakistan 😳
What would they rather have bowling first and conceding like 320 or batting first and defending like 300. Englands batters are out of form in my opinion I think your best trying to have scoreboard pressure on them now.

Sunil1z

International Regular
What would they rather have bowling first and conceding like 320 or batting first and defending like 300. Englands batters are out of form in my opinion I think your best trying to have scoreboard pressure on them now.
Match is at Bengaluru. Team batting first needs minimum 340 runs

Molehill

International Captain
It's a no brainer, you bat first. Teams are struggling fielding in the heat for 4 hours. Then the new ball seems to do a bit under the lights too.

Whilst England I guess start favourites, if SL win toss and bat, they'd be a good bet.

Reactions: FBU

Sunil1z

International Regular
This is the same venue where 2011 WC match between IND-ENG resulted in tie

This is the same venue where Ireland chased down 330 against England in 2011 WC.

Anything below 340 can be easily chased here

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I see that the Aussie thumping of the Netherlands has helped us rise another place in the table.

It seems we're doing better when we're not playing.

Owzat

U19 Captain
It's a no brainer, you bat first. Teams are struggling fielding in the heat for 4 hours. Then the new ball seems to do a bit under the lights too.

Whilst England I guess start favourites, if SL win toss and bat, they'd be a good bet.
dew know, as someone posted on beeb have your say re aussie game, 12 games apiece won batting first and batting second

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty disappointing this thread wasn't started when there was the opportunity to add #bottomdwellers to the title.

Poor form.