• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #20- England vs S Africa - October 21st - Wankhede (D/N)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Except the guy who took 2 wickets opening the bowling and made 75, yes.

Maharaj also better than most no rounders in the tournament (Phillips aside)
Maharaj is a good bowler but he averages 14 with the bat.

Jansen can icing-bosh but I have no faith in him in a chase or a rescue act. Good player but would have been at 9 or 10 as part of a h4x lower order in great South African ODI sides, which was my point. They're not going for the "Test top order and then multiple explosive allrounders and keepers from 6 to 9" thing they traditionally have.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also the fact that Maharaj can actually bowl and isn't a domestic batting allrounder is a big change. They even have Shamsi if they cop a bunsen.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
You thought wrong tbh. I mean, I hate English sport with a passion but that’s just not funny. Whereabouts are you from anyway mate?

Like all your posts.

but unlike your face
Tbh I didn't understand a **** about anything you wrote.

Just like all your posts.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Except the guy who took 2 wickets opening the bowling and made 75, yes.

Maharaj also better than most no rounders in the tournament (Phillips aside)
I think the balance is a little tipped in Maharaj's favour, quicks not so effective as might in other conditions and he bowls and therefore is better reading spin

Owzat

U19 Captain
Thankfully four of our remaining five games are against fodder.
Sri Lanka
Australia
India
Pakistan
Holland

Pakistan depends if they turn up on the day, not much changed there really, one extreme (really good) to the other (crap). Wouldn't underestimate Sri Lanka, better probably at bowling and playing spin, and of course don't have Butthead as captain

India, well that might be the fifth so we'll skip that, aussies are always a dangerous beast, Holland well they did for the saffers and England's bowling has been more than a tad ineffectual - 151 for the 6th wicket, problem is England celebrate early wickets, a cluster, but really haven't bowled anywhere near as well as the celebrations might suggest

Topley couldn't have got off the field any quicker, unless he caught the ball just right as it was being hit for six....

best thing England could do is say Butthead is ill next match, play as many spinners as they can and hope for the best - Dawson in for Topley if they decide he's unfit, probably why England have indicated Archer won't replace him, perhaps working out FINALLY how bad the loads-a-quicks selection policy is

Topley : 8 wkts @ 22.88 (ER 6.61)
Atkinson : 2 wkts @ 30.00 (ER 6.67)

Woakes : 2 wkts @ 67.50 (ER 7.50)
Wood : 3 wkts @ 70.00 (ER 6.77)
Curran : 2 wkts @ 70.00 (ER 8.08)
Willey : 0 wkts @ n/a (ER 6.78)

Topley : 8 wkts @ 22.88 (ER 6.61) - crocked?
Other quicks : 9 wkts @ 67.33 (ER 7.19) - crap

Spin : 7 wkts @ 45.57 (ER 5.65) - underused, Root dragging the average and ER up with 1 @ 67.00, both Rashid and Livingstone taking their wicket(s) in low to mid 30s and worst ER 5.19

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great day for cricket England Exposed for horrible team they are.

OMG England suck 1-3 worse title defence in history losing Afghanistan Embarrassing stuff 😂.

Poms are Embarrassing team Currently.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great day for cricket England Exposed for horrible team they are.

OMG England suck 1-3 worse title defence in history losing Afghanistan Embarrassing stuff 😂.

Poms are Embarrassing team Currently.
I don't think sager words have been spoken in this thread.