• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Malaysia Tri-Series

shortpitched713

International Captain
social said:
Mongia was excellent
I don't know about that. His inability (or unwillingness) to shield the tailenders from the strike probably cost India. He may actually have hurt his case with this match.

R_D

International Debutant
This team in Malyasia has reminded me so much of team India in the 90's..... we would always find a way to lose and well they managed to do it today as well.
Ah well at least the bowling look good.
Dhoni's shot was a disgrace thou, India were going at nice pace and there was no need for it.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Punter is a much better one day captain than he is in Tests. Under him we haven't really tactically lost too many tight ODIs (apart from when his bowling options consisted of Mick Lewis and.... Mick Lewis).

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Great Birtannia said:
Best in the business with the white ball.

Good to see Clark bounce back as well.

The team for the final will be interesting. Bracken, Clarke and Watson will come back for Clark, Martyn and ???. Probably Hayden I guess with Haddin having a crack at opening?
Umm....why Hayden out?

He's batted twice and played two very helpful knocks. I'd say Katich has to be left out.

R_D

International Debutant
shortpitched713 said:
I don't know about that. His inability (or unwillingness) to shield the tailenders from the strike probably cost India. He may actually have hurt his case with this match.
Yeah exactly my thinking... he wasn't willing to take the intiative. He was the batsman and should've tried to shield the tailenders.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
SirBloody Idiot said:
Umm....why Hayden out?

He's batted twice and played two very helpful knocks. I'd say Katich has to be left out.
Australian selectors work on the LIFO principle (Martyn's time is up).

I've already banned myself from discussing Katich position in the team :ph34r: Personally I would retain Hayden as well, especially with him not being in the Champions Trophy squad, but I would think the selectors, as usual, will side with Katich for the final.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As if they will. Hayden has now out-bated Katich in two matches. If they pick Katich, I will shoot people.

Hayden
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Haddin
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

would be the smart choice for mine. Great fightback by Australia, although very lucky. Haddin is certainly showing what he can do. Pity there`s not really a permanent spot for him in the team. :(

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Nishant said:
Haddin went on to score another 40 odd. If he hadn't, india would have won....anyway that's cricket....unfortunate 4 india!
And if Haddin had been given out, Hussey might have played differently and gone on to score 70.

I'm sorry, but India are crap.

Fratboy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jono said:
Haha me too. India just can't chase Aus totals.

They should have win the TVS Cup back in 2003, but choked whilst chasing. This is very similar.
lol, there was also that first game in the VB series where Ganguly was well on course to guiding India home before Bangar ran him out. Bangar never wore an India jersey ever again.

So I'm guessing the last time India successfully chased an Aussie total would have been long before the 2003 World Cup. Very sad state of affairs.

Fratboy

School Boy/Girl Captain
ClownSymonds said:
And if Haddin had been given out, Hussey might have played differently and gone on to score 70.

I'm sorry, but India are crap.
yeah, because Hussey was handling Harbhajan so well. Oh wait, he wasn't :sleep:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
It's weird how India can consistently manage to be competitive with Australia in Tests but fall apart against them in ODIs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fratboy said:
lol, there was also that first game in the VB series where Ganguly was well on course to guiding India home before Bangar ran him out. Bangar never wore an India jersey ever again.
I was at that game. Yuck.

India only won one game that VB Series despite being the better team for the first 3 games vs Aus. Tells a tale about India really. They crap themselves when they see the canary yellow jerseys.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
TT Boy said:
Dravid's not out is he?
Firstly, toolish statement even if you were correct.

Secondly, you're simply wrong. How could anyone even try and say Dravid is the better ODI batsman. He has a poor record against Australia, worse average and strike rate, and he was out of form compared to an in-form Sachin.

Ask every Aus player, in ODIs they'd rather see the back of Sachin then Dravid.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
shortpitched713 said:
Not his fault they lost - bowled ok batted very well. Other batsmen were, quite frankly, average.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
haha, these Australians are good, haven't played to potential all tournament & have managed to win & make it to the final.

When i get home i'll have a look at the replay before i make much comments but all i'll say for now is why did Tendulkar get called back?, yes the decision was a shocker but since when can umpires do that, just because its Tendulkar your going to call him back. Anyway thankfully he didn't cash in.

I remember in that famous Antigua test when Ridley Jacobs was given out caught behind to ball that hit him way up on his arm, crowed almost rioted but he wasn't called back.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Firstly, toolish statement even if you were correct.

Secondly, you're simply wrong. How could anyone even try and say Dravid is the better ODI batsman. He has a poor record against Australia, worse average and strike rate, and he was out of form compared to an in-form Sachin.

Ask every Aus player, in ODIs they'd rather see the back of Sachin then Dravid.
8-)
I was being flippant, 'Sachin is the greatest, big six!'

Anyhow best quotes from Cricbuzz chat today

"India should arrange some games with Bangladesh, they are out of their league. Bring back Gangu (SIGH). Even with the bribing of the West Indian board last game, India still can’t reach the final. Chokedulkar!, Sachin to score hundred against Champions Trophy qualify, All Shewag can do is eat roti and dal. Shewag has lost his touch, skills and hair, should be kicked out! :laugh: "

8-)