• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official*Ireland tour to Afghanistan Feb-Mar 2024

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Wed Feb 28 - Sun Mar 3
09:30 local | 05:30 GMT
Afghanistan vs Ireland, Only Test
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Thu Mar 7
16:30 local | 12:30 GMT
Afghanistan vs Ireland, 1st ODI
D/N
Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium, Sharjah
Sat Mar 9
Afghanistan vs Ireland, 2nd ODI
D/N
Tue Mar 12
Afghanistan vs Ireland, 3rd ODI
D/N
Fri Mar 15
20:00 local | 16:00 GMT
Afghanistan vs Ireland, 1st T20
D/N

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Test match between Afghanistan and Ireland starting soon. Two teams striving to make it to the big stage. Will be keenly following it. While Afghans start as favorites obviously, absence of Rashid Khan does even the odds slightly. Van Woerkom has qualified to Ireland from NZ and playing as the lead spinner for the Irish this match.

Chubb

International Regular
I see Afghanistan have gone to wearing blue helmets in tests. That’s a shame the red ones stood out compared to others.

Bahseph

State Captain
Is Dockerall out of the Test reckoning? I see they are playing another left arm spinning allrounder who's record seems a little bits and pieces.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Dockerall out of the Test reckoning? I see they are playing another left arm spinning allrounder who's record seems a little bits and pieces.
Dockrell is a very limited restrictive bowler and also doesn't bowl much any more due to an injury. He has become more of a batsman now but not as good as those in current squad.

ataraxia

International Coach
van Woerkom's definitely a bowler and useful blocker rather than an all-rounder. His WPM being so low is simply reflective of his playing in NZ domestix (especially for Canterbury whose medium pacers often roll a side before he has a chance to bowl). Still, hardly set the world alight.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
All 12 wickets to seam in the UAE seems an odd one. Anyone watching?

Afghans 155 all out and Ireland 41/2 in reply

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Watched some portion of the match and yes there was good pace and bounce in the pitch. But I don't think it was as bad for batsmen as it turned out. Good test batsmen would have got good knocks. The inexperience showed up.

Chubb

International Regular
I watched bits of it and there was a bit of swing with the new ball, perhaps more than you’d expect in the UAE, but nothing exceptional.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Ireland have a first innings lead for only the second time in their short test history.